Medix Staffing Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Medix Staffing Solutions
This position is responsible for all aspects of quality including sampling, testing, reporting of data,
documentation and record keeping. This position requires an overall understanding of food
manufacturing, manufacturing requirements, and quality programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all analytical testing methods utilizing the appropriate SOPs. Testing includes, but is not limited to: pH, salt, enzyme specific assays, manual and auto titrations, use of HPLC, and spectrophotometer
- Accurately weighs out chemicals and samples for testing
- Prepares reagents for assays
- Maintains laboratory records and inventory
- Accurately and efficiently reports finished product testing data, and ensures products meet
- Performs raw material, in process and finished product testing
- Performs pre-operational inspections of all production lines at start-up and changeovers
- Inspects screens and maintains temperature logs
- Clearly communicates to management if products are out of specification or in violation of food safety and/or food quality
- Reports to management any activities that would have a negative impact on food safety or food quality
- Understands HACCP and helps execute the HACCP plan by monitoring CCP's and performing verification activities
- Informs management when issues or failures occur of product that is non-compliant of CCP and/or CQP limits, in accordance with 'Nonconforming Material and Corrective Action Policy.'
- Works closely with Management on corrective action plans on quality deviations
- Performs job duties in conformance with Company prerequisite programs (GMP's, sanitation, allergens, hold/release, food security, and Food Safety Policies)
- Verifies finished product labels, lot numbers, and start up paperwork for accuracy
- Performs calibrations and standardization of lab equipment, and verification of scales
- Responsible for the proper storage, rotation and disposal of retention samples
- Provides support with training new employees and retraining current employees
- Works with Production personnel to provide support needed to manufacture quality products
- Other duties as defined by Management based on company needs
- Ability to perform complex enzymes assays
- Ability to work overtime, staying late/coming in early or the occasional Saturday, on short notice
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- 1-3 years of experience in Quality or Laboratory setting, preferably in the Food and Beverage
- General knowledge of GMPs
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or related field.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand in a laboratory setting
- This position requires walking, standing, climbing, and lifting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee might be exposed to odors, fumes, dust or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud out in the production plant.