Mesquite Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Instructional Assistant/Clerical
at Mesquite Independent School District
To assist the classroom teacher in providing students with appropriate learning activities, instructional assistance, and other responsibilities as assigned.
High school diploma/GED
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish communication with the campus substitute coordinator.
- Adhere to the campus bell schedules and follow assignments as directed.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher and work with individual students or small groups.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist in supervision of students throughout the school day, inside and outside classroom.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Be a positive role model for students, following the guidelines for substitutes and supporting the mission of the school district.
- Follow established safety guidelines and emergency procedures to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)