Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Service Technician
at Milgard Windows
Milgard Windows and Doors is seeking a Lead Service Technician to join our newest manufacturing facility in Grand Prairie, Texas!
A Lead Service Technician performs warranty and non-warranty service repairs at customer's homes throughout a specific geographic region. Must be able to diagnose customer issues and determine if a situation is a warranty item or not, and approximately explain the circumstances to the customer. This position will respond to elevated service issues and tasks that require a higher skill level to complete.
Responsible for training and mentoring service technicians. Will provide training for all new technicians and provide additional support to current service technicians.
Responsible for reviewing service work orders generated for accuracy of shipper information for parts ordered by customer care coordinator, parts to be requisitioned from internal supply, special tools that may be required to complete service call, and routing information.
Responsibilities also include but not limited to:
• Creates and executes MPS plans and meets MPS commitments; reflects Milgard's business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
• Incorporates Milgard's vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
• Adheres to all facets of safety policies and procedures
• A minimum of 3-5 years prior customer service experience required.
• Valid Class C driver license with a clean DMV record.
In depth knowledge of product lines in order to repair products in the field.
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills.
• Proficient use of hand tools to include: tape measure, level, saws, drills, etc.
• Able to compute basic math problems.
• Problem solving ability and ability to handle stressful situations.
• Must be physically capable to climb ladders up to 40 feet, work off scaffolding, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in, and promote a team environment.
Milgard Manufacturing provides excellent benefits including Group Health Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Monthly Bonus Program and Educational Assistance Program
Lead Service Technician
Milgard is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English, Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
Milgard Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.