Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bilingual Retirement Educator
at Milliman Care Guidelines
The Bilingual Retirement Educator is responsible for conducting group meetings and individual consultations with employees to answer questions related to their retirement and other benefit plans. Meetings are typically held at the client for groups of 10-100 employees, and may include individual consultations. He or she will not provide investment advice. The Bilingual Retirement Educator must be fluent in both English and Spanish and be able to develop communication strategies, PowerPoint presentations, coordinate meeting handouts, facilitate logistics and provide daily/monthly reporting. The ideal candidate will have retirement and investment experience, an outgoing and dynamic personality and presentation style, and the ability to explain complex topics in a simplified manner.
The Bilingual Retirement Educator is an important member of our HR Communication team and represents Milliman to clients and their employees. He or she will coordinate with other Milliman consultants who are responsible for the client relationship and provide appropriate feedback. Up to 75% travel is anticipated.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Conduct English/Spanish on-site employee meetings in a manner that is interesting and informative to the audience. Gain the confidence and trust of those attending the meetings. Understand the needs of the audience, interpret their body language to capture their attention and benefit the listener.
- Meet individually with employees on-site to assist them in enrolling in the retirement plan, completing retirement account transactions as well as answer questions related to their accounts via the participant website. He/she will not provide investment advice.
- Participate in the production of webinars and recorded webcast.
- Read and be knowledgeable about the client's retirement plan provisions, their investment options or other related plan materials in preparation of meeting with each client/employee. Be able to answer employee questions accurately and concisely.
- Prepare Power Point presentations using our master template, meeting handout materials and coordinate pre-meeting logistics with client.
- Communicate with Relationship Manager the meeting results including attendance records and any areas for client service enhancements.
- Master retirement planning strategies and be able to communicate them to plan participants.
- Efficiently use Milliman’s retirement planning tools designed for plan participants to assist them in preparing for retirement and understanding investment strategies.
- Develop strong client relationships to encourage ongoing education projects.
- Coordinate own travel arrangements and meeting logistics with clients. Show up for all scheduled meetings at least 30 minutes in advance and well prepared.
- Submit daily and monthly reports for audit purposes and client results.
- Maintain good working relationships with peers.
- Ensure final work products are high quality and provided in a timely fashion.
- Take an active role in pursuing continued education.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Experience with and understanding of employer sponsored retirement plans is required.
- Appropriate credentials or equivalent experience (i.e. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Communications or previous financial services experience). Prefer Series 7 or 6 & 63 licensed (but licenses do not need to be active).
- Superb communication skills, ability to prepare and deliver presentation covering complex topics in a simple style.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Strong organizational skills to track client meeting records and provide summary reports.
- Self-starter with good project management skills and ability to work under deadlines.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Able to work independently while also contributing to team environment.
Must demonstrate Milliman's core values which include:
- Integrity — Must be honest, fair, active listener, open communicator and accountable.
- Teamwork — Work cooperatively and treat clients and coworkers with respect and dignity while valuing individual differences, encouraging new ideas and sharing information.
- Commitment to excellence — Demonstrate commitment to being creative, innovative, flexible and adaptable, focusing on quality solutions, continually improving and being a winner.
- Type "A" personality — High energy with effective poise and presence, self-motivated and relentlessly striving towards goals.
Milliman offers a competitive salary and an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package.
Milliman employs more than 3,500 people working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance/financial services, and property and casualty insurance. For more than 70 years, the firm has quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation and quality. Today Milliman is one of the nation's most highly regarded providers of retirement plan services to the full spectrum of business, financial, government and union organizations.
Our company, with the full support of our Chief Executive Officer, is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, and promote, and consider qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the HR department.