Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Continuous Improvement Leader
at MiTek Industries
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking an experienced continuous improvement leader who will be responsible for directing lean initiatives for multiple sites to drive flawless execution with tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, responsive and sustained throughout the US & Canada. In addition this role will be responsible for the development and design of specific manufacturing automation projects. This person will be the project technical lead and may be responsible for some project management activities. The ideal candidate will possess proven leadership skills as well as strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions in a matrix organization that encourages corporate growth and meets company goals.
- Assume the lead role in the divisions continuous improvement process implementation – lead process improvement projects and facilitate team projects/mentor team members who are leading process improvement projects.
- Guide the analysis of existing methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance or other methods.
- Working with all groups to generate consensus for automation solutions. Coordinate planning meetings, design reviews, trials, and other events with relevant groups.
- Work with equipment vendors and suppliers to implement cost effective solutions.
- Evaluate automation upgrade ideas for various equipment and processes.
- Provide project budget estimates and perform capital equipment justification as needed.
- Testing and qualification of automation solutions.
- Documenting operating instructions, calibration procedures, and maintenance procedures for installed equipment.
- Integrating solutions to existing manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Continue improvement for existing production line and cost improvements; guide the corrdination of business process changes, implement system solutions.
- Supports the integration of processes (departments) into appropriately interconnected extended value streams.
- Develop and utilize current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 12 month implementation plans aligned with company’s strategic directions.
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and work outside of regularly scheduled shifts as dictated by the requirements of the job is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Analytics Skills – ability to visualize and communication solutions to complex problems.
- Results Oriented – Ability to produce verifiable breakthrough results.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions. History of leading change and producing documented improvements in plant costs and quality.
- Change Management – Ability to develop and lead execution of strategy for transformational change and continuous improvement efforts across the division.
- Strategic – Ability to think strategically and execute tactically (i.e. deliver results)
- Continuous Improvement – Knowledge of Lean Enterprise concepts; ability to identify value-added elements, established flow and successfully apply better business practices.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to make decisions, take actions, focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education: Four year degree in relevant engineering field is required. Preferably Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
Experience: Minimum six years of experience in a manufacturing environment, with demonstrated ability to execute per project schedule and budgets.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. General proficiency in CAD skills with the ability to do simple layouts and sketches.
Other Requirements: Experience creating a Lean or Six Sigma strategy for a manufacturing organization. Custom manufacturing experience preferred. Valid driver’s license. Must be able to pass a 10 panel drug screening test.