Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at MiTek Industries
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated HR Generalist who will support multiple locations in the US and work in our Fort Worth, TX office. Responsibilities include partnering with HR Director for implementing and delivering HR policies procedures, services, and solutions, but not be limited to, talent management, talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of HR and safety related training, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and HR and safety investigations. The HR Generalist must have the ability to read, write and communicate in Spanish.
Additionally, the HR Generalist must promote and ensure our Guiding Principles. Act as a link between management and employees by handling questions, administering policies and helping to resolve work-related issues. Individual must be friendly, outgoing, and professional while being self-motivated and organized. Also perform the following duties and other duties assigned:
- Perform a variety of HR functions while also assisting the HR Director including reporting, scheduling, documenting and other duties assigned.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence
- Perform data entry into HRIS System. Maintains the HR Scanning System. Compile and prepare reports and documents. Assist in the preparation of monthly reports, tracking.
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and meets deadlines. Shows initiative and independent thinking.
- Develop and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Foster positive attitude toward company goals. Build upon our People First culture while building strong, trusted relationships with management and staff.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meeting and seminars
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans
- Assists with onboarding, including ordering and processing background checks and drug screens
- Prepare documents in Word, Power Point, Excel and Illustrator or some other form of Publishing software. Knowledgeable in social media.
- Prepares and organizes set-ups for meetings, conferences, community service projects, etc. Plans, initiates and schedules milestone awards and celebrations.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists with recruiting, interviews, assessments, and selections, using SilkRoad.
- Personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Plans and assists with new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals and people first culture.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Payroll Processing – tracking FMLA, STD, LTD, Worker’s Comp.
- Assists CPS Director with projects as assigned.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Attendance during work regular work hours and overtime as required, approved by manager.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or Extensive HR work experience required
- 5+ years of experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resources systems (WorkDay preferred); internet software; payroll systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook); Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Ability to read, write and communicate in Spanish required
- Travel to other M&M Commercial Manufacturing locations
- As assigned
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.