Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
-The Financial Analyst will work cooperatively with other members of the Finance team to prepare, develop and maintain financial reporting and performance reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the preparation and development of financial reporting
- Responsible for the monthly management package presentation to C level and Board members
- Assume responsibility for updating and maintaining the Operating Plan and Actual results in Adaptive Insights
- Work with management to prepare and revise financial performance reports and analysis as needed
- Perform complex financial and operational analyses to support short term and long range strategic plans and annual operating budgets
- Evaluate data, prepares forecasts, analyzes trends, analyzes customer sales behavior, vendor spend behavior and presents results pertaining to sales and operations
- Work with a team to provide budgeting, project, and asset management analysis
- Perform complex financial analysis; prepare related presentations and present results including compilation and review of financial plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated income and expenses
- Carry out financial analysis at multiple complexity levels including rate of return, budgeting, cost analysis and financial and expense performance comparisons
- Have an advanced knowledge of database relationships with an ability to perform analysis on large data sets to identify trends, evaluate performance against targets, and reach conclusions
- Analysis of variances to budget/forecast for revenue/margin as well as operating expenses.
- Financial modeling for various "what if" scenarios and the overall impact to the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related Finance position
- Basic knowledge of accounting is required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must possess the ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work with leaders across different functions from the Company, i.e. Sales, Operations, Procurement, etc., understanding aspects of each area and collaborating as a partner to the business
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint is required
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- A highly advanced knowledge in Excel (e.g. use of Excel PowerPivot for data modeling and analysis) is required
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer