Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Spanish Analytic Linguist – Dallas, TX Locals only!
at MVM, Inc.
TITLE: Spanish Analytic Linguist
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
PASSIONATE. DEDICATED. PURPOSE-DRIVEN. These are just some of the characteristics that describe the 2,500 and counting members of MVM, Inc. We are a professional services firm with extensive domain expertise in the areas of counter-narcotics, criminal and civil investigations, public safety, and national security.
To thrive at MVM, Inc. takes a certain kind of person; we want someone who identifies with our values and is willing to challenge themselves both personally and professionally. We seek people who are passionate about serving and making a difference in the lives of others.
We’re looking to add Spanish Analytic Linguists. If you can envision joining a team where you’ll have the opportunity to work with law enforcement personnel to deliver mission-driven results that have a powerful impact on your local community, then we are looking for you!
As a Spanish Analytic Linguist, your mission will be to have a sense of urgency and to be an organized, deadline-driven self-starter; capable of juggling multiple priorities at once and executing each to completion.
Key functions you will perform:
- MONITOR: Listen to or read foreign language communications to perform immediate verbal summaries
- TRANSCRIBE: Review audio/video material and write/transcribe information with a superb degree of accuracy and expression
- TRANSLATE: Accurately translate a wide variety of complex material from Spanish into Standard English
- EVALUATE: Objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments on changing situations
- SUMMARIZE: Provide verbal and written summaries of day-to-day communications across all levels of the Spanish language, including complex and/or highly idiomatic speech, slang, and colloquial expressions
- SAFEGUARD: Work to a professional code of ethics with confidentiality and neutrality
What you need to have:
- 1 year of translation experience (professional or personal)
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years of professional experience
- Native or near-native oral and written communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Ability to deliver the highest quality of work under extreme pressure
- Availability to work a minimum of 32 hours per week when assigned to a project
- MUST be available to work a flexible schedule; to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proficient in MS Office
- Active security clearance
- Available to travel for 30-90 days at a time
All applicants selected will be subject to a strict government background investigation and must meet criteria that includes, but is not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Favorable credit check
- Resided in the U.S. at least 3 of the past 5 years
MVM, Inc. is committed to supporting the federal government and improving quality of life for all Americans!
If you have what it takes, apply now!