National Life Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internship - Actuarial
at National Life Group
Montpelier, VT/Addison, TX
National Life Group’s Summer Internship Program exposes currently matriculating students to a variety of critical business assignments. We provide real-world work experience by partnering our interns with strong leaders and mentors.
Highlights of the program:
• Lunch-and-Learn Series—6 business classes delivered by company leaders including:
DISC – Understanding Work Styles
• Formal orientation and onboarding
• Intern Reception and Outing
• Scholarship Award to Outstanding Intern of the year
• Cross-Departmental Group project focused on an enterprise-wide solution
Work in a collaborative environment with the actuarial community to develop skills consistent with entry level actuarial staff in one of the 3 company actuarial areas. Develop and use analytical skills to determine key metrics or look for anomalies in results. Typical Job Assignments include: Writing queries in SQL or macros in Excel to manipulate data, Test data imported into MG- ALFA for compatibility with the software.
• Technical expertise – Excel, Microsoft SL, programming skills
• Good analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Team oriented