Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Raw and Finished Goods Sourcing Specialist
at NCH Corporation
Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
NCH Corporation – Raw and Finished Goods Sourcing Specialist
Thank you for exploring a career with NCH Corporation, an international company where we work in small teams that have a direct impact on success. We're seeking a Raw and Finished Goods Sourcing Specialist for our division, Hero Pet Brands. Not only will you work with two fast paced organizations, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of groups throughout the organization. This key position within Hero Pet Brands manages and oversees sourcing projects, including supplier identification, supplier/bid evaluation, validation, diversification and value chain efficiency. Typical projects include product analysis, vendor management and price management. Our ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, a track record of building strategic alliances and relationships, as well as savvy negotiation and communication skills. If you’re seeking experience and growth in a personable, stable yet thriving environment, our Sourcing Fulfillment Specialist could be a match for you!
A little about us
Applying for a new job is a little like entering uncharted territory. We want you to feel 100% confident about the application process, the position and our company before committing your time to apply, so that none of the above comes as a surprise. Let’s start with some information about NCH so you can get to know us better.
NCH Corporation is a privately held, family-owned, global business headquartered Irving, Texas, near Dallas. We have more than 7,500 employees, offices and facilities on six continents, and clients in more than 50 countries. This includes our corporate headquarters as well as subsidiary companies. We clean and conserve water, save energy, and deliver best-in-class maintenance solutions, with a focus on industrial and commercial businesses.
Culture and benefits
We’re a global company with a family feel, offering the same benefits of an international corporation with the personal relationships of a small business. Working in our small teams and close-knit environment, you’d never guess we had a 7,500+ employee head count. We realize a job is more than just a job – it’s an extension of your life and family – and we’re committed to maintaining just that. For us, culture is not just a perk; it’s essential to how we thrive. And that’s speaking for 100 years in the business!
- Employee-centric environment (regular corporate activities, personal relationships, small teams)
- Family-first attitude (work-life balance support, flexible hours)
- Approachable leadership (collaboration with top leaders, open-door policy)
- Growth-oriented mindset (autonomy, creative freedom to explore new ideas)
- Paid vacation and holiday leave
- Wellness initiatives (on-site fitness facility and cafeteria, treadmill conference room, walking trail)
- Community involvement (volunteering, fundraisers, charity events, school sponsorships and donations)
- Employee recognition programs (appreciation week, awards and ceremonies)
- Personal and professional development and growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Financial wellness (retirement options, 401(k) match, employee credit union)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability)
If this sounds like a fit for you so far, keep reading.
A little about you
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related field
- 3-5 years of experience with strategic sourcing and vendor management in related industry
- CSCP certification preferred
- 3-5 years of experience and working knowledge of global metal and plastics platforms, international currencies and commodities
- Proficient PC skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP procurement software preferred
- Proven strong sourcing, negotiating and contracting skills
- Experience sourcing in Asia and Mexico with secondary language skills a plus
- Demonstrated ability in drafting complex agreements
- Experience partnering with international vendors and cultures
- Strong procurement skills and the ability to educate others on the benefits of sound procurement practices
- Excellent communication skills, team player and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other associates/departments
- Ability to proactively resolve problems
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage several initiatives concurrently
- Experience in resins and manufacturing a plus
- 30-40% travel required
Day-to-day work examples
- Work closely with purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and quality control teams supporting their needs on a daily basis
- Identifies, establishes and maintains global supplier relationships with core and strategic suppliers
- Managing projects related to sourcing; makes recommendations to improve productivity, cost, quality, and efficiency of operations; responsible for RFQ and Bid Evaluation processes; coordinates and resolves issues regarding existing and new products; ensures efficient time to market on new project awards
- Develops pre-negotiation contract strategies and proposals; responsible for master vendor agreements and tooling contracts
- Leads, coordinates and facilitates Supplier Management activities; maintains supplier scorecard; communicates corrective actions
- Maintain an optimum supplier base through the use of risk management; select, maintain, and manage a supplier base that is financially sound, technically competent, and strategically aligned
- Effectively drives global supplier relationships
- Awards business to suppliers
- Negotiates price-locks
- Actively participates in cross-functional team meetings
- Maintains Approved Supplier List
- Conducts research for market intelligence, competitive position, benchmarking
- Other special projects as directed
Sound like a fit for you?
If yes, jump aboard, and apply today.
For next steps, expect a direct phone or email response once we are able to review your application. We are committed to responding to all applicants, no matter the outcome, so we appreciate your patience to allow time for this. In the meantime, learn more about NCH and our culture by checking out our LinkedIn, Facebook, or Instagram .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.