Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Associate in Training
at NCH Corporation
Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
Research Associate in Training
Thank you for exploring a career with NCH Corporation, an international company where we work in small teams that have a direct impact on success. We’re seeking highly skilled and innovative scientific talent for our Lubricants Research team. The Research Associate in Training will work with industry leading experts in the formulation and production of lubricating greases. The researcher will contribute their knowledge to the development of the next generation of grease technologies. If you’re seeking innovative freedom in a personable, stable yet thriving environment, our Research Associate in Training opportunity could be a match for you!
A little about us
Applying for a new job is a little like entering uncharted territory. We want you to feel 100% confident about the application process, the position and our company before committing your time to apply, so that none of the above comes as a surprise. Let’s start with some information about NCH so you can get to know us better.
NCH Corporation is a privately held, family-owned, global business headquartered Irving, Texas, near Dallas. We have more than 7,500 employees, offices and facilities on six continents, and clients in more than 50 countries. This includes our corporate headquarters as well as subsidiary companies. We clean and conserve water, save energy, and deliver best-in-class maintenance solutions, with a focus on industrial and commercial businesses.
Culture and benefits
We’re a global company with a family feel, offering the same benefits of an international corporation with the personal relationships of a small business. Working in our small teams and close-knit environment, you’d never guess we had a 7,500+ employee head count. We realize a job is more than just a job – it’s an extension of your life and family – and we’re committed to maintaining just that. For us, culture is not just a perk; it’s essential to how we thrive. And that’s speaking for 100 years in the business!
- Employee-centric environment (regular corporate activities, personal relationships, small teams)
- Family-first attitude (work-life balance support, flexible hours)
- Approachable leadership (collaboration with top leaders, open-door policy)
- Growth-oriented mindset (autonomy, creative freedom to explore new ideas)
- Paid vacation and holiday leave
- Wellness initiatives (on-site fitness facility and cafeteria, treadmill conference room, planned activities)
- Community involvement (volunteering, fundraisers, charity events, school sponsorships and donations)
- Employee recognition programs (appreciation week, awards and ceremonies)
- Personal and professional development and growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Financial wellness (retirement options, 401K match, employee credit union)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability)
If this sounds like a fit for you so far, keep reading.
A little about you
- Minimum of Master’s degree in chemistry, material science or other related fields; Ph.D. degree preferred
- Research experience in tribology, lubricant engineering and rheology
- Versed in analytical and imaging techniques such as AFM, SEM-EDX, confocal microscopy, XRD and IR spectroscopy
Day-to-day work examples
We support growth, opportunity and variety, which means your day-to-day has the potential to adapt with you and your passions. If you’re not challenged and growing, neither are we. For starters, though, here are some day-to-day examples of what you will be doing:
We are seeking an individual with expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Analytical methods
Apply test methodologies in these disciplines to investigate how the viscoelastic properties and chemical structure effect the lubricating properties of grease.
Identify and establish joint research programs with Universities, Institutes, and partner businesses
This is a 1 to 2 year temporary position with option of advancement to permanent status
Sound like a fit for you?
If yes, jump aboard, and apply today.
For next steps, expect a direct phone or email response once we are able to review your application. We are committed to responding to all applicants, no matter the outcome, so we appreciate your patience to allow time for this. In the meantime, learn more about NCH and our culture by checking out our LinkedIn or Facebook pages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.