Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NCH Corporation
NCH is established, yet growing and we are seeking a full time Transportation Manager to join the Plumbing Products Group (PPG, Inc.), a subsidiary of NCH Corporation. In this role, the Transportation Manager will
manage all aspects of the domestic and international transportation spend for the Plumbing Products Group. This includes but is not limited to the negotiation of annual rates, adherence to customer/vendor delivery expectations, and the compliance and accuracy of all necessary documentation in accordance with US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity to directly impact a business, then join our PPG team as our new Transportation Manager, where our future begins with you!
PPG Inc. manufactures sources and markets a broad line of plumbing repair and remodeling products through retail home improvement channels (Danco Division), as well as a broad line of plumbing products sold through the wholesale and OEM channels (LSP Products Division). More information can be found at the company’s web-sites www.danco.com and www.lspproducts.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examination of business costs through Freight Pay and Audit routine. Make adjustments as needed.
- Assist all companies with transportation-related projects, month end financials, and ad hoc reporting.
- Build and maintain relationships with pertinent vendors for all types of Transportation and Logistics. Hold vendors accountable for metrics in performance and financial.
- Provide and/or secure all appropriate documentation for the import and exports of goods.
- Support and guide direct reports in their roles and responsibilities to increase their knowledge and provide opportunities for advancement.
- Performs other related duties as required
Experience and Education:
- Must be fanatical about delivering results and striving towards world-class delivery/service.
- Must display a comfortable command of Microsoft Office, especially with Excel. Experience with Tableau a plus.
- Driven to gather all potential inputs/outputs, makes appropriate, time-critical decisions.
- Problem recognition, prevention, and solving skills must be sharp due to changing environment relative to influences by customer, market, industry, equipment, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree with concentration in Supply Chain/Logistics
- 2-5 years of progressive leadership with focus on Transportation.
- Intimate and extensive working knowledge of the import, export, and domestic transportation industry.
- Experience in the development and management of projects designed to implement continuous improvement and process changes, by using tools such as 5S, Lean, etc.
- Prior experience and/or active involvement in a transportation related organization is required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.