Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
- Req No
- Job Locations
- Regular Full-Time
NewcrestImage is a premier company in the hospitality space that designs, builds and operates state-of-the-art hotels for the most renowned brands in the industry. We are a trendsetting company that is acutely focused on culture and that strives to “genuinely care for people so their lives are enriched.” We are currently looking for a Sales Leader that will be responsible for maximizing revenue opportunities for a newly renovated Springhill Suites in Arlington.
In terms of key responsibilities, first and foremost and just like every other position within our company, this role will advance NewcrestImage’s core values of People come First, Communication is Knowledge, Giving is Fun, Experiences are Memorable and Response-Ability is Ours. While this position will be strategic, the ideal candidate must be able and willing to be “hands-on.” This key Leader will be involved with selling for a branded hotel within the market. A recent successful hotel track record is required. In addition, some of the key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Achieve Revenue and RevPAR targets for all business segments.
- Adjust sales forecasts as needed. Keep the General Manager and Corporate apprised of the status of these forecasts to ensure that the property has a steady stream of business throughout the year.
- Develop and execute marketing and advertising programs within the General Manager’s guidelines and the approved budgets.
- Leverage any opportunities to cross-sell among other NewcrestImage properties.
- Maintain high visibility in the surrounding community.
- Lead the Sales Department to achieve revenue and sales goals.
- Implement and maintain efficient sales office procedures for productive use of staff time and ensure the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Ensure follow up on all sales leads in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recommendation and development of rate strategies.
- Maintain historical trend analysis for the property.
- Ensure the prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts.
- Identify and analyze competition, both locally and regionally.
- Attend Chamber of Commerce meetings as well as other pertinent community activities.
- Develop strategic relationships with third-party providers.
- Ensure that the web and third-party electronic distribution channels are continuously reviewed, researched, and updated for maximum hotel exposure and maximum room night generation.
- Attend relevant trade shows and events to promote assigned properties.
- Provide sales call reports to the General Manager and the Director of Operations as required.
- Set group and corporate sales goals and monitor progress toward these goals.
- Direct other Associates in developing and implementing effective sales actions.
- Respond to off-property requests for sales information.
- Negotiate rates and promotions with guests and vendors.
- Prepare and generate sales action plans on a quarterly basis.
- Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
- Review Smith Travel Research (STR) reports.
- Maintain awareness of market situation and its impact on the hotel. Anticipate business needs with flexible planning.
- Attain personal booking goals on key accounts.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with all Guests, Associates, and Community Members.
- Train and develop both leadership and sales skills in all subordinates.
- Ensure all lead generation and follow through is recorded properly and according to Company policy.
- Prepare and present contracts for execution by future Guests.
- Enforce NewcrestImage Public Relations SOP.
- Enforce Brand requirements and utilize brand tools.
- 4-year College Degree or equivalent, related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Willing to travel and must possess a valid driver's license
NewcrestImage is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.