Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Lead
- Req No
- Job Locations
- Regular Full-Time
Responsible for the management of all Front Desk functions in accordance with hotel and brand standards. Directs, implements and maintains service and management philosophies that serve as a guide to respective staff.
- Directly supervise all front office personnel and ensure proper completion of all front office duties.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services and telephone areas.
- Ensure the proper appearance of the lobby and all public areas, including the complementary breakfast area.
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled as such by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Financial: Aggressively pursue the hotel’s revenue goals, and effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools. Constantly seek new ways to increase room revenue and occupancy.
- Effectively manage and control all front office and breakfast area operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies, etc., and seek and implement cost saving strategies.
- Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets or exceeds NewcrestImage and Brand Standards for Guest Satisfaction.
- Training: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize results, and adhere to the Company’s training guidelines and policies.
- Leading: Motivate, coach, and train Front Office team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be proficient in the use of the property management system, and train front desk personnel on the system.
- Have a thorough understanding of all hotel operating procedures.
- Enforce all existing and new policies and procedures with the front office and breakfast area Associates and hold them accountable to those policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper staffing in all front office areas and the breakfast area.
- Address Guests’ complaints in a manner which results in superior Guest service.
- Communicate with other hotel departments regarding problems which need attention.
- Follow procedures for notifying the proper Company management and civil authorities in the event of an emergency or anticipated emergency.
- Actively enforce all safety policies to protect Associates, Guests, and Company Assets.
- Conduct monthly department meetings and individual meetings as needed.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of the hotel’s features and services, hours of operation, room types, room numbers, layout, décor, appointments, and location, room rates, special promotions, daily housecount, expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, and scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of front office and breakfast area Associates.
- Ensure a proper process for communicating important information at the turn of each shift.
- Answer hotel telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Check front desk and storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness. Instruct designated Associates to rectify any deficiencies.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business levels.
- Monitor and ensure that front desk area is kept clean and organized, and manned at all times.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages, and promotions is available at the front desk and that all Associates are knowledgeable on such.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations, and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
- Prepare department schedules in accordance with labor budget, forecasting for business levels, and maintaining productivity. Adjust schedules as necessary throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff reports to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent Associates. Coordinate breaks for Associates.
- Assign work duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise.
- Inspect grooming and attire of Associates; rectify any deficiencies.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out processes, ensuring agreement to hotel standards. Anticipate critical situations and assist when necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Audit accuracy of cards with proper signatures and ensure availability of keys.
- Monitor and ensure that express checkouts are processed through the system correctly in accordance with hotel checkout standards.
- Monitor the Associates’ interactions with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with Associates immediately. Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with Associates to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure security of guest room access.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies (i.e., contracted cash banks, shortages/overages, adjustments, posting charges, making change for guests, cashing personal/travelers checks for guests, payment methods and processing at check-in, settling accounts, closing reports, dropping receipts, securing banks at all times.)
- Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding front desk procedures.
- Anticipate sold out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Locate alternative accommodations for guests and relocate guests following hotel policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Housekeeping to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check-in, and to report guest concerns.
- Energize up-sell programs.
- 4-year college degree, or equivalent, relavent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Effective communication skills
- Pleasing personality
- Effective leader
- Good listener
- Well-groomed and professional appearance
- Open with praise, discreet with criticism