Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping - Room Attendant
- Req No
- Job Locations
- Regular Full-Time
Clean guest rooms or other hotel areas as assigned, ensuring the established standards of
cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints, seeking assistance from leadership when necessary. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to work when scheduled, on time, in proper uniform, including nametag.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms as assigned and in order of priority.
- Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television and other electronic devices in room.
- Set correct time on clock.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Remove dust smudges and spills from refrigerator (including doors and shelves; ensure it is plugged in and securely closed.
- Remove dust on drapes and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door(s).
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
- Remove dust, dirt and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat Set thermostat in accordance with seasonal instructions.
- Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Vacuum carpet in guest room.
- Spray room with deodorizer.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
- Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys.
- Handle guest complaints by following procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor. Immediately and according to Company policy.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with laundry attendant responsibilities and willing to cross train in other areas as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent