Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Req No
- Job Locations
- Regular Full-Time
Greet guests at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Complete the end of day activities, including posting charges to accounts and running backup reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to work when scheduled, on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform with standard.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check log books and bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
- Get a daily briefing about extraordinary events to effectively deal with all foreseen situations.
- Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
- Follow all cash handling and banking procedures to check out all customers efficiently.
- Operate property management software to complete all tasks, including taking same-day reservations.
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all guests.
- Be knowledgeable about brand Rewards and other frequent traveler programs.
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as quickly as possible, within 3 rings.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the front desk and back office area at all times. Utilize spare time for cleaning. Keep computer equipment clean at all times.
- Assist all guests with problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved to their satisfaction.
- Carefully study emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
- Use your systems passwords with discretion; log off the terminal when leaving the area. Do not at any time share your password with others or use another Associate’s passwords to log on to any system.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
- Ensure proper credit when checking out guests and provide the guests with a $0 balance invoice.
- Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly.
- It is mandatory to keep cash banks locked so the cash is secured.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
- At all times strive to represent the Company and hotel brand in the most professional manner.
- Be disciplined at all times, stand alert and tall at the front desk, greet guests immediately and offer assistance before the Guest needs to ask. Focus your total attention to the customers.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and overnight daily checklists to ensure smooth daily operations, and cross train in other department areas as needed.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Complete Room Rate Variance report.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, and TDD relay calls.
- High School Diploma or equivalent