Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Mechanic ***$2000 Sign on Bonus*** in Roanoke, TX at NFI Industries
at NFI Industries
Under the direct supervision of the Shop Supervisor or Lead Technician this role is responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and troubleshooting on various models of material handling equipment. Must be proficient with data input or paper work that is required to perform all job requirements. Maintain service and support material handling equipment at the internal customer location in a timely and cost-effective manner so that customer requirements are met.
***$2,000 sign on Bonus***
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most material handling equipment components.
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision.
- Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner.
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks.
- Perform and maintain proper battery maintenance on electric equipment.
- Be able to use and maintain all specialty trade tools properly.
- Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies and any other safety procedures necessary to complete work assignments safely.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts.
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid current driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
- Work with all departments and employees to insure quality of customer service.
- Report all accidents, injuries, safety violations and unsafe working conditions immediately.
- Account for all parts, materials, tools and consumables used as required.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in repair and maintenance on material handling equipment.
- Read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with our without reasonable assistance
- Must be capable of becoming certified to operate equipment.
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, kneel, bend and reach.
- Keep an adequate set of personal tools as required.
- Valid Driver License
- Customer Service Skills and abilities.
- Basic Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)