Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forensic Chemistry Lab Technician (Multiple Openings)
at NMS Labs
Grand Prairie, TX
# of openings:
Are You A Chemistry Grad Looking To Start Your Career?
Do You Want to Work with Analytical Instruments Doing Forensic Casework?
If You Answered YES – NMS Is For YOU!
NMS Labs is the nation's leading independent provider of professional laboratory testing services, specializing in clinical toxicology, forensic science, and other vitally important areas of esoteric testing and expert services. We employ more than 300 highly trained professionals who work closely with leading healthcare providers, medical researchers, pharmaceutical companies, Clinical Research Organizations and various members of the criminal and civil justice system to provide integrated testing and consultative services.
NMS Labs is an ISO accredited independent provider of clinical and forensic toxicology, endocrinology and criminalistics laboratory services for the health care and forensic sciences communities. Since 1970, we have built a reputation as a provider of innovative, first-to-market and hard-to-find testing services that has evolved to a broad menu of over 2,500 laboratory tests.
NMS Labs is hiring multiple Forensic Chemistry Technicians for our Grand Prairie, TX location! The FC Technician will perform analytical testing and preparation of materials, non-biological samples and equipment used in, but not limited to, forensic casework..
. Other duties include:
- Performs data entry, handling/aliquoting, and sampling of chemical specimens, as needed
- Prepares and validates reagents, controls and calibrators
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of chemical substances utilizing chemical and instrumental methods that will include, but are not limited to, GC/MS.
- Performs and maintains appropriate quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Performs routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
- Generate data for Analyst to interpret and review.
- Retains samples in suitable storage area
- Follows chain of custody procedures
The Forensic Chemistry Technician must have working knowledge of analytical procedures including a basic understanding of analytical terminology, methods, and theory and methods of data interpretation. A high level of integrity is required, as well as good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. The Forensic Chemistry Technician must have the ability to follow SOPs, as well as compliance standards and safety practices.
- Associate’s degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or forensic science from an accredited university required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological science, or forensic science from an accredited university with coursework and associated lab classes in General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Analytical (Instrumental) Chemistry preferred.
- Licensed by the Texas Forensic Science Commission within 1 year of hire, as applicable
- Lab related experience is preferred.
- Ability to hear
- Vision (with correction) including color, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Standing, reaching with hands and arms, and using hands and fingers to manipulate instruments or equipment controls, computer keyboard, office equipment, objects or tools
- Movement from one work location to another
- Sitting and standing, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Lifting objects up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to travel as needed for court testimony.
- Exposure to intermittent or constant sounds generated by equipment
- Exposure to fumes, noxious odors and dust
- Handling of biological material and blood-borne pathogens
- Handling of toxic or caustic chemicals
- Proximity to moving parts
A few reasons why NMS Labs employees love the company:
Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, with laboratories in Texas, North Carolina and Florida, NMS Labs offers a stimulating and diverse work environment with competitive salary/compensation plans and great benefits, including medical/dental/vision/prescription plan, life/STD/LTD, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, 401k plan with generous match and profit sharing pension plan.
- NMS Labs offers a stimulating and diverse working environment and unique culture
- One paid day off each year to volunteer
- Annual discretionary bonuses
- FREE fresh fruit on Wednesdays, wellness program
- In April, weeklong celebration for National Medical Laboratory Professionals
- Company Wellness Committee and ‘Activiteam’ dedicated to plan exciting events and seminars throughout the year
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and official or unofficial transcripts and apply at http://www.nmslabs.com/careers.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, otherwise qualified disability, or protected veteran status (disabled, Armed Forces Service Medal, recently separated, active duty or campaign badge).