North Texas Food Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director Shared Services & Infrastructure
at North Texas Food Bank
- 01-May-2019 to 30-Jun-2019 (CST)
- Plano, TX, USA
- Full Time
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Reporting to the COO, the Senior Director of Shared Services & Infrastructure will provide the vision, leadership, and management necessary to ensure that the Food Bank's operations-enabling foundation efficiently and effectively meets long-term and annual goals. This includes annual goal setting and leadership of Facilities, Information Technology (IT), Procurement, Business Intelligence (BI), Project Management, Safety, and Quality. This position manages a team of roughly 20 people as well as a range of external contractors for extended capacity and capability.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Food Bank's 2025 strategic plan to provide access to 92 million nutritious meals to help close the hunger gap in North Texas; work with COO to develop and execute strategies that support sustainable progress toward achieving this goal while continuously improving efficiency.
- Enable the Food Bank's annual physical meal goals and objectives in a way that is consistently audit-ready relative to OSHA, Feeding America, and AIB conformance.
- Oversee Facilities Manager/Director for effective management of Food Bank facilities, grounds, and equipment, including capital and operational planning/execution, Security and Emergency Management.
- Oversee IT Manager/Director for effective management of Food Bank networking, systems administration, desktop support, technology roadmap, telephony, and desktop/laptop enablement, including capital and operational planning/execution and Business Continuity Planning.
- Oversee Business Excellence function, including Business Intelligence (department/team scorecards and analytics, data governance), internal Operational Reviews and cadence, annual planning and budgeting, Procurement (non-food items and wholesale food purchase), Contracting and Project Management.
- Oversee Quality Function, including development and maintenance of a Quality Manual for process documentation and execution intentionality, internal audit, client/partner satisfaction measurement, Service Desk, and Continuous Improvement.
- Develop goals, performance metrics, and performance management processes for Operations Teams to inspire a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Develop an organizational culture that fosters an innovative and inclusive environment.
- Build and present executive presentations regarding NTFB's strategy and execution.
- Coordinate annual fiscal planning and translate into detailed initiatives.
- Collaborate and partner with other Food Banks, hunger- and disaster-relief organizations to maximize operational effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legal, regulatory and Feeding America contractual requirements including AIB (American Institute of Baker's) food safety standards.
- Ensure appropriate policies, procedures and training are reviewed, documented and followed for effective, efficient and safe operations.
- Maintain an 'audit-ready' and professional environment the reflects the values and culture of NTFB.
- Foster an achievement-oriented, servant-leadership culture centered on continuous learning, where employees are empowered, engaged, motivated and rewarded for both individual and team contributions.
- Promote a culture of high performance, customer service, accountability, action-orientation, quality, and excellence.
- Equitable and timely leadership of Performance Management and Team Learning objectives.
- Effectively represent NTFB in the community, as an ambassador of our Values and Mission.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- At least twelve years of experience in a wide range of business functions including warehouse and logistics.
- At least ten years of direct management experience with a proven track record of progressively-responsible positions and leadership required.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster business relationships.
- Demonstrated experience consulting and advising senior-level executives.
- Adept with the application of core elements of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Commitment to the NTFB mission and strategic plan.
- Strong action and process orientations through a quantitative lens.
- Self-directed and well-organized.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Ability to make good, consistent and fair decisions.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and foster teamwork.
- Highly-developed interpersonal and professional skills while building trust-based relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and other communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.