Northern Tool + Equipment
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northern Tool + Equipment
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform required activities within Distribution Center including picking, packing, stocking, loading, unloading, receiving and shipping preparation of products to Retail and direct sale customers.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Completes all required equipment sign out and inspection paperwork.
2. Stocks or picks product based on product label information.
3. Follows Standard Operating Procedure while performing assigned job function.
4. Operates Radio Frequency equipment as required.
5. Operates mobile equipment as required.
6. Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
7. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
8. Keeps supervisor informed of job-related problems and other information related to work activity.
9. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Job Requirements:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School education or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in related position or field.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70-100 pounds on a continuous basis.
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Protective hand wear required (gloves issued for individual assignment)
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH NORTHERN TOOL + EQUIPMENT!
At Northern Tool + Equipment, we know we have really great tools and equipment to get the job done, but it’s the strength of our employees who really drive our success.
For more than 30 years we have been the ultimate source for contractors, automotive shops, homeowners and do-it-yourselfers. Northern Tool + Equipment is a multi-million dollar retail, internet and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the products we sell. We are a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip our customers with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience.
As we grow, we are always on the lookout for skilled employees to join our team. We look for customer-focused team players that desire career growth in a challenging but rewarding work environment. Our different divisions offer a variety of full and part-time career opportunities for all levels of skills and experience from entry level to senior roles.
If you’re interested in joining our corporate office you’ll find a range of exciting opportunities in E-Commerce, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate and Facilities, Merchandising, Information Systems, Transportation/Logistics, Operations and Business Development & Compliance.
Our customer contact centers are the ideal setting for a rewarding career in Customer Service, Sales, or Management. Northern Tool operates three Customer Contact Centers to support its catalog operations. Our Customer Care Centers offer entry level positions such as Customer Care Representatives and Supervisory/Management positions. Our Sales Contact Centers offer careers in both inbound and outbound sales as well as Supervisory/Management positions.
In our retail stores we offer positions in the areas of Sales, Cashiering, Product Placement, Service Center, and Management. Our success solely depends on our customers, and we pride ourselves in providing them the absolute best service in the industry. If you are outgoing, professional, sales oriented and passionate about our industry than we encourage you to take a look at the opportunities within our stores.
Our manufacturing and distribution centers offer great opportunities for Fork Lift Drivers, Receivers, and Pickers as well as opportunities in Assembly, Machine Operating, Welding, Engineering, and Management.
At Northern Tool, we recognize the important role each employee plays in contributing to the success of our company. Ultimately, it is through the personal growth and daily achievements of our employees that the Northern vision will come to life and the company will continue to flourish. That’s why we offer diverse and challenging opportunities as well as competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Together we can build the framework to a great career.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join the Northern Tool + Equipment Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?