Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 Supply Chain Internship- Irving, TX
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman ES.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Subcontracts Administrator to join the Global Procurement Services Intern Program. This position will be located in Irving, TX.
The selected candidate will work in a fast paced, multiple IT commodity transactional Procurement environment.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of Supply Chain specializations that may include:
• Develops subcontract specifications, reviews work statements, terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized IT and Services requirements.
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals
• Negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2019.
• Be majoring in Global Supply Chain
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2019
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn and interested in working in a team environment.
• Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
• Global Supply Chain Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.