Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Supply Chain Subcontractor Specialist
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people - who make everything we do possible.
The Northrop Grumman Global Procurement Services organization is committed to delivering performance and satisfaction to our customers. In this position, you will be responsible to performing oversight and leadership for enterprise agreements and non-production procurements for the NGC Enterprise. Partnering with our customers to deliver cost effective and quality services. The specific Commodity will be IT Hardware, Software and Services. This position has a tremendous emphasis on terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Works in a Category Management structured organization sourcing IT commodities both domestically and internationally
- Provides CONTRACT management oversight and governance risk management
- Supports sourcing strategies and initiatives, and drives deployment across the Sectors, businesses and disciplines/functions
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities
- Enhances mission capability and affordability with program tactical focus through strategic one-company sourcing/procurement solutions and supplier management
- Makes decisions through collaboration with the right people, analytics, processes and tools to capture the greatest leverage opportunities
- Manages all aspects of key and strategic suppliers including supplier relationship, performance and corrective action teaming with Operations group
- Reviews supplier agreements to ensure NGSC's minimum requirements are met and risk areas are identified and mitigated
- Negotiates terms and conditions of all components of contractual agreements, including Software Level Agreements, Statements of Work, Maintenance Agreements and Purchase Agreements
- Prepares requests for proposal packages (RFx)
- Conducts bidder conferences, analysis and evaluation of bidder proposals, facilitating the selection/recommendation of the winning bidder, negotiating agreement terms, conditions, provisions and pricing, issues awards, preparing and administering resulting contracts and orders
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to existing contracts or purchase orders
- Issues Purchase/Change Order(s) to support contracts
- Conducts post-award administration including project implementation support to ensure supplier(s) adherence to contractual deliverables and timeline
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or STEM with a minimum of 6 years' of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, contract management, program management and/or project management or a master's degree and 4 years' of experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of management/executives
- Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis on Excel (at least intermediate level)
- Demonstrated experience in the Information Technology industry with emphasis on software contracting and management
- Large contracts experience, i.e. $10 million annual spend
- Experience in SAP procurement module
- Experience in negotiation of enterprise-level information including, but not limited to, contract elements such as data privacy, data protection, software license and maintenance and export/import concerns
- Master's degree with N.C.M.A. / I.S.M. certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.