Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Leader in Development
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Culinary LID will assist in the overall operation of the culinary team in the respective outlet. Partnering with F&B management, this individual is responsible for executing orders, and ensuring a quality experience for hotel guests.
- Be knowledgeable of all stations in the various culinary kitchens and outlets.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Controls the quality and consistency of all food served.
- Creates and adjusts work schedule according to workloads and occupancy.
- Maintains cleanliness of all food prep and production areas.
- Conducts a month end inventory of all products.
- Ensure work areas are set no less than 15 minutes prior to service.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Assist in producing and plating plates.
- Prepare and properly store food items for advanced production.
- Report any maintenance or security problems to the appropriate department promptly.
- Check staffing and uniform, daily production sheets, check production for sauces, soups, stocks and blue plate specials, check quality and consistency of product. Train associates on all items; insure cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Reviews BEOs daily to ensure guarantees and food products are correct. Must communicate all guarantees and food changes to the Executive Chef.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include AM/PM shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to ensure efficient, effective operation of the food production outlet(s).
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment, while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Self motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have a 4 year degree and be open to relocation.
- Computer proficiency; to include Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Serve Safe certified food manager.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance. Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Position works in the interior of the hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures. Position will also work in the exterior of the hotel, in the Coin Bar and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to F&B hazardous cleaning chemicals
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement. If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.