Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Meeting & Events Manager
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Omni Hotels & Resorts corporate office is seeking a talented and experienced professional to assist with the planning, logistics and on site management of meetings and events within the Corporate Global Sales department of Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Meeting and event management for the global sales team including but not limited to the planning and onsite management of corporate meetings, customer engagement events, tradeshows and conferences
- Assist with the management and production for all creative and materials required for all events, training, tradeshows, meetings; including but not limited to, invite design, logo design, collateral design, PowerPoint Templates
- Manage creative and production for any collateral related to any training, meeting, event or conference; including but not limited to Invitations, Logos, Collateral Creative, Website Creative/Content, etc.
- Management of all event & meeting registrations including all corresponding communications, management of the GetRegistered tool including all aspects related to the Administrative Interface such as creating micro sites for each event, managing registrations
- Management and coordination of all meeting and event needs including but not limited to; site selection and negotiation of venue; managing rooming lists; assist with collateral and creative timelines, detailing food and beverage needs; coordinating all logistical, audiovisual, décor, entertainment and gift needs as well as managing any off site event functions, travel and transportation.
- Conduct pre and post con meetings as well as manage all post survey evaluations
- Work closely with corporate Accounting department for final bill review and evaluation
- Assist in managing all budget, expenditures and rebills related to corporate events and training meetings and ensuring that all training, events & meetings stay within the stated budget parameters
- Manage department calendar, identifying key deliverable dates to produce all events on schedule
- Manage and mentor the department, Meeting & Event Intern.
- High level of interaction with Executives
- At least three (3) years of experience in Event and/or Meeting Management
- Familiar with a variety of meeting & event management practices and procedures
- Comfortable independently making decisions to managed processes on behalf of Omni
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks at a given time
- Ability to work and confer with variety of stakeholders to meet deadlines and accomplish goals
- A wide degree of creativity is expected
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient and adept in Adobe Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Extremely Detailed Oriented
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Exceptional Teamwork Skills
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation a plus
- Ability to travel over 20%
- Successful candidate must be able to perform light lifting of chairs and tables if event set-ups need minor changes. Must be able to lift up to 15-20 pounds.