Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Special Events Manager
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
As the primary point of contact for National Support Center events, the Sr Mgr, Special Events will be responsible for working with executives on the pre-planning and execution of the support center activities and events. The Sr Mgr, Special Events may also be asked to assist, on an ad-hoc basis, with collaborating on and organizing regional events.
- Responsible for the full cycle project management of event logistics which includes but is not limited to planning, venue research, contract negotiations, catering, audio visual equipment and the onsite execution.
- Lead event planning meetings with executives, build and maintain project plans and timelines for the events.
- Responsible for oversight of travel logistics for internal PDS University programs.
- Responsible for creating the event site layout and mapping the flow of activities.
- Manage and coordinate the services required from other departments and/or outside contractors and agencies as needed.
- Acts as main point of contact for the support of software used in larger department programs.
- Supervise staff of Project Specialists, Events.
- Manage the permit process and requirements of any offsite events with local municipalities.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and products, if required, for use during the event.
- Set-up and attend each of the events as well as manage the staff, coordinate the activities and flow of each event and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Post event evaluate and follow up on the financials to ensure that the event was within budget.
- Gather data; prepare reports and presentations pertaining to the events for distribution.
- Manage the scheduling and staffing needs for an event to execute the plan within budget.
- Maintain strong internal and external communications with all event/project stakeholders.
- Supervise and coordinate special events volunteers and vendors.
- Partner with the Sr Director of Projects and Special Events to develop and implement current and future event strategies.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, and 6+ years of related experience with conference and/or event planning. In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in event coordination and planning.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of industry trends and practices in event program design and management.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as necessary
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.