Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aviation Program Manager
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Program Manager
The PM plans, directs, controls, and monitors the Aircraft Maintenance and Contract Logistics Support (CLS) Program to ensure satisfactory completion of program objectives. Serves as a liaison between PAE Aviation and Technical Services (PAE), Operational Units, and Customer Program Management. Works for the Vice President of PAE’s Readiness and Sustainment Division. Must be customer oriented. Allocates resources to meet all mission requirements. Ensures the maintenance organization is not overly tasked with augmentation duties outside maintenance functional areas. Plans and directs project execution; monitoring and reporting progress. Manages personnel assigned to Program.
Essential Job Functions
- The PM shall act as overall Manager and Administrator for the CLS contract effort.
- Overall responsible for the Profit and Loss of the contract
- The PM shall be the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities and representatives on program/project and contract administrative issue.
- The PM supervises operations by developing management procedures and controls.
- Develops positive customer relationships between Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and PAE to achieve contract objectives.
- Maintains close contact with the Deputy PM, and Site Manager(s).
- Coordinates operational matters and maintains liaison with Government Operations.
- Interfaces with PAE to resolve problems beyond unit’s, alternate or CLS capability.
- Devotes personal attention to the morale and welfare of all employees; and provides a safe and healthful work environment.
- Establishes a close working relationship with Operations Customer to ensure an understanding of the requirements and capabilities of maintenance actions.
- Communicates and cooperates in the effort to enhance the maintenance and mission capability.
- Conducts daily meetings. The meeting should include, at a minimum, any issues with executing the established flying and maintenance schedule.
- Reviews of the previous day, current day, and next day’s activities, focused on identifying and resolving detractors to mission success.
- Establishes a Crash Damaged or Disabled Aircraft Recovery capability.
- Approves company Operating Instructions containing specific responsibilities for all PAE personnel IAW PAE Quality Plan.
- Ensures effective management of the Foreign Object Damage (FOD) Program and the Dropped Object Prevention (DOP) program.
- Directs and Supervises the PAE Team at the site and assigned detachments.
- Provides guidance and direction to the PAE management staff.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of all assigned personnel by establishing duties required to accomplish the maintenance and CLS mission.
- Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performance and discipline.
- Interviews prospective employees and assists in the selection of new employees.
- Recommends and initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action.
- Takes the actions necessary to ensure that all personnel training, certification, and re-certification requirements are met.
- Responsible for PAE’s sites operating budget.
- Reviews and approves project costs and expenditures.
- Identifies, studies, and implements cost saving initiatives where applicable.
- Practices and promotes the principles of the Quality Management Program to include all QPP’s.
- Approves Special Certification Appointments.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Shall have at least ten years of aviation maintenance experience
- Shall have five years of supervisory experience
- Shall have three years of US Air Force or Navy aviation maintenance experience
- Shall have two years of US Air Force or Navy aviation maintenance supervisory experience
- Shall have at least three years of program management experience in aviation maintenance operations (or previous similar military experience)
- Must possess analytical abilities necessary to handle extremely complex administrative, organizational, and aircraft maintenance matters.
- Must demonstrate communicative, managerial, and organizational skills necessary to effectively manage program operations.
- Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to qualify for a SECRET security clearance, if required.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers—able to input and extract data.
- Retired Air Force/Naval Officer with Maintenance background
- Complete understanding of AS9110c
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.