Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
The Technical Services Lean Six Sigma Black Belt will help the programs within the portfolio to reduce defects, eliminate wastes and increase customer satisfaction. The Black Belt will employ Lean Six Sigma methodology and analytics into organizational operations to accomplish business objectives. Works with other Lean Six Sigma-certified professionals in the planning, designing, and accomplishing of key projects. Assist Program managers with the skills (LSS, PM, Financial) required to be successful.
- Identify, lead, and manage process improvement efforts and conduct quantitative analysis of process effectiveness using LSS methods
- Prepare and submit deliverables on schedule, in accordance with requirements
- Leverage established continuous improvement (i.e. Lean and Six Sigma…) methodologies to map current state processes and value streams including, process profiles, timings, counts, roles and responsibilities along with other key data elements.
- Translate voice of the customer information in measurable characteristics
- Assist in establishing processes for business leaders to measure, manage, track, and report operational project results and corresponding financial business benefits
- Identify and implement Best Practices
- Provide updates regarding the progress of Continuous Improvement activities
- Assist in developing communications to the various organizational stakeholders regarding the Continuous Improvement value proposition and the ‘What’s in It for Me’ to driving improved business performance.
- Assist in Continuous Improvement training, guidance, mentorship, and leadership as a foundation to ensure the organization is consistent in its approach
- Assist in creating and implementing an approach to measure the organizations capability in learning and applying the Continuous Improvement techniques
- Work with business leaders and program managers assisting them define and report on their current state performance, recommended future state, improvement opportunities, and current and future state benefits with respect to the impact of the Continuous Improvement program
- Performs other duties as assigned
Title of Direct Report(s): Indirect reports only
Title of Supervisor: Director, Continuous Improvement
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Proficiency in SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, MS EXCEL and competency in MS Office and MS Visio
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to analyze processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Facile in Change Management techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and problem solving, flow manufacturing, Statistical Process Control
- Financial analysis
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, or related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ progressive experience
- Experience successfully implementing a Continuous Improvement program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt required, Master Black Belt Preferred
- PMP and familiarity with Earned Value Management a plus
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office environment
- Travel will occasionally require short periods of time in remote and uncomfortable living and working conditions while visiting field locations
With the flexibility to be based out of any of 4 metropolitan US locations, the role will require up to 75% travel between our locations in Virginia, Texas, South Carolina, New Jersey. Additional travel to other locations throughout the country may be required to support this work. Your living location is flexible.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Falls Church, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.