Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trade Compliance Logistics Specialist
at Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
This role requires an understanding and application of export and import regulations in a fast-paced environment. You will have the responsibility to ensure timely and accurate movement of freight while providing exceptional customer service to internal and external organizations. The Export Logistics Specialist will prepare, review and process international shipments for the global evaluations team while maintaining compliance with all U.S. export regulations. You will be required to maintain a firm understanding of the U.S., EU, and Emerging Market export compliance regulations and their impact on international shipments. You’ll be responsible for monitoring product shipments both arriving and leaving the company's warehouse. The export logistics specialist will focus on sanctioned party screenings, license determinations, internal audits, and shipment reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create, process, and approve international shipments in accordance with U.S. trade laws for Palo Alto Networks evaluation teams
- Verify proper export jurisdiction and classifications for products and software in accordance with applicable U.S. export controls (EAR and ITAR)
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the internal shipment reporting system
- Interact with internal sales teams and external partners and distributors to arrange international shipments and maintain export compliance
- Contribute to maintaining good relationships with freight carriers
- Understand department process flow, looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Help business partners understand the risks and consequences of a given international logistics situation. Effectively communicate the consequences and develop alternatives to manage identified risks.
- Responsible for monitoring each shipment to ensure that inbound and outbound products are on track and not delayed or lost
Education and Soft Skills:
- BA/BS in a related field or relevant work experience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- A desire for a career in supply chain/logistics
- Critical thinking and problem solving and analytical skill set
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing with excellent time management skills
- 5+ years of experience in export and import trade compliance
- Working knowledge of Bureau of Industry Standards (BIS), Export Administration Regulations, Department of Commerce Regulations, and Incoterms based on import/export transaction
- Working knowledge of CBP, import regulations, and the HTSUS
- Familiar with Automated Commercial Environment Portal (ACE) and Export Automated Export System (AES) filing
- Review sanctioned party list screening results for release
- Review EVAL requests, in particular products for export, end-users, and destination countries for export license requirements
- Review potential end-users for export license determinations
- Understand and utilize Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS), Schedule B, and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) to ensure accuracy of import and export documentation
- Audit export and import documentation for internal and external compliance reporting
- Coordinate import/export related activities with various functional areas
- Coordinate with both import and export Customs brokers to ensure timely and compliant Customs clearance of Palo Alto Networks EVAL gear and assets
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook required
- Fluent in English
- Multilingual a plus