Penske Motor Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Penske Motor Group
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Location Name
- Longo Toyota of Prosper
- Fixed Ops
We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team!
Are you eager, detailed and ambitious?
Do you value doing it right the first time?
Are you ready for the new adventure in your career?
Then apply with us today!
We are looking for top talent that can thrive in a demanding and fast-paced environment. Our technicians are responsible for diagnosing and performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work as assigned and in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards; this includes performing work on new and pre-owned inventory, guest vehicles, and from various vehicle manufacturers.
INITIAL INTERVIEW PROCESS
We are excited to introduce a convenient initial VIDEO interview process. Selected candidates will receive an invitation to participate via Spark Hire where you'll have the opportunity to present your best self; for more information and tips visit https://www.sparkhire.com/video-interviews/ace-one-way-video-interview
The Service Technician must be able to do the following on a day-to-day basis:
- Do the right thing!
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Carries out a variety of vehicle repairs from (but not limited to) oil changes to rebuilding a vehicle engine
- Diagnoses causes of malfunction and performs repairs as needed
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards
- Road tests vehicles to quality check work performed as required
- Examines vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Maintains communication with Service Advisors if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Completes all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures
- Documents all work performed and findings on repair orders and inspection sheets
- Achieves the production objectives set by management
- Provides the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management
- Maintains communication with Parts Department on status or parts
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by service management
- Report for work at assigned time in order to provide the level of service the Company’s guests expect and deserve
- Inspects all new vehicles for obvious damages and missing components
- Activates power equipment such as electric windows, seats, radio, horn, lights, and directional signals to ensure specified operating standards
- Installs optional equipment specified by the guest or dealers such as outside mirrors, rugs, seat covers, using hand tools
- Installs standard components such as hubcaps and wiper blades, using hand tools
- Installs manufacturer and after-market accessories
- Assists in all other areas of the Service Department as needed
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual should possess:
- An Associate of Science (AS) in mechanical technology or have graduated from automotive vocational school
- Toyota "Certified" status
- Minimum of (2) Automotive ASE Certificates
- At least one (1) year of automotive experience repairing vehicles
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; federal, state, and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and percentages) and application
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, and legal documents; coordinate activities with other employees; pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language
- Must have a valid driver’s license, have, and maintain an acceptable safe driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will be required to:
- Stand for long periods at a time
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs
- Frequently bend, stretch, twist, or reach with their body, arms, and/or legs; stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects and use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Penske Motor Group
The #1 Toyota Dealer in the USA is now in Texas!
Penske Motor Group, PMG, owns and operates Toyota, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz automobile dealerships in Southern and Northern California, and now in Prosper, Texas.
Headquartered in El Monte, CA, PMG's flagship store, Longo Toyota, is the world's largest dealership and the #1 Toyota retailer in the U.S. since 1967 with a diverse workforce speaking over 40 languages and dialects. Longo Lexus serves as the #1 Lexus dealership in the Western U.S. since 1990 and Lexus of Stevens Creek, located in San Jose, CA is the #1 volume luxury retailer in Northern California. Mercedes-Benz of Marin, located in San Rafael, CA is a repeat recipient of the Best of the Best dealership award for excellence in sales, guest satisfaction, and service quality, presented only to the top 15% of dealers in the Mercedes-Benz retail network.
PMG’s mission is to deliver amazing guest experiences that create lifetime partnerships.
PMG employs over 1,200 team members across its locations in California and Texas.
Our team strives to be your automotive dealer of choice for sales, service, parts, and collision repair. But we won’t stop there. Community partnerships are also very important to us. With our goal to make a difference in the cities we live and operate.
Longo Toyota of Prosper opened December 2017, with a new 61,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility on a 15-acre site along US-380, just west of the Dallas North Tollway.