Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer (Remote Opportunity)
at Pieces Technologies
Pieces Technologies is reimagining the intersection of technology and healthcare. We design and build systems that interpret clinical data in real-time and are continuing to build a healthcare social network. We provide services to physicians, caregivers and community-based organizations. Our systems render predictions and provide insights that were not imagined before. If you are passionate about full-stack development, writing code in a fast-paced startup environment, and making a tangible impact on population health, come be a part of our team.
We are looking for technically talented and driven individuals who have a passion to use their skills to create applications and services that directly impact the health and lives of our communities.
- Adhere to established development, maintenance and testing standards.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications and implement assigned development tasks.
- Design, develop, and maintain cloud based applications and microservice APIs.
- Participate in iteration planning meetings and daily product team standups.
- Participate in retrospectives to gather feedback and drive actionable items to improve the team and product.
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind.
- Collaborate within the team in designing systems and applications.
- Provides support for software products in user environments.
- Participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be productive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and work well with a diverse team of technical SMEs.
- Strong technical knowledge of Java, SQL, JSON, web technologies, software engineering, continuous integration, test automation, and agile development.
- Knowledge of relational databases like MySql or similar and using ORM technologies.
- Familiar with Idea IntelliJ or similar IDE.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
College degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of SaaS applications and services, to include the following:
- experience in building and deploying Java technologies.
- Experience with Spring Framework, JPA, Hibernate, and Spring Boot.
- Experience with cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS (ECS, EC2, ECR, microservices, Lambda, VPC, S3, EKS).
- Experience with web service development using Spring, REST, JSON, and Spring security.
- Experience with build tools - Maven, Gradle.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Experience in the healthcare and/or HMIS.