Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Manager (Java)
Job Reference #: 12149918
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Software/Development, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Software Development Lead or Manager (Java) - 1095
** This position is 50% development and 50% management **
Location: Frisco, TX
Position Type: Direct hire/Perm
Residency Requirements: US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for good people managers who was previously Architect or Lead in Java and someone who is still hands on.
You will need a strong background as software engineer & lead. It is important to know how to run a lean & efficient team. Best candidates will focus on metrics and measuring.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Work with business partners, leads, and others to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Own, lead and oversee the triage sessions during planned/unplanned issues with critical applications and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
- Participate in road-map estimates and planning to forecast the budget and resource needs.
- Lead and manage teams of developers in the use of agile software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum), techniques, principles, values and best practices.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise and leadership to architecture and development teams to develop technology road maps, select new technology products and create policies/procedures related to software development.
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture, own quality of code and delivery.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Measure everything, continuously identify and focus on areas to improve.
8+ years’ experience with the following skill sets…
- 3+ years experience in managing software development teams.
- 8+ years development experience in Java.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- You can explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with diverse audiences.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You can contemplate constraints (including conflicting) and make rapid decisions.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills & advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations & recognize the relationship between objective feedback & career growth.
- You have a strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- You have a strong architectural and problem solving background.
- You have a demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional