Ply Gem industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ply Gem industries
- Job ID
- # Positions
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of Maintenance of Production equipment/machinery. This person will display excellent communications skills, organizational skills and leadership. Reporting to this position will be the maintenance technicians and the maintenance clerk.
- Manages all preventive maintenance processes and initiatives to insure manufacturing goals are met
- Supports compliance with plant EHS systems and programs by:
- Assuring departmental audits are complete, corrective actions are implemented, and audit data is reported for key performance indicator metrics
- Performing job duties in safe and responsible manner, setting example for employees
- Trains and coaches direct reports in all standard operation procedures.
- Maintains the facility and grounds to set standards including ensuring the facilities utilities are monitored and paid.
- Assigns personnel and determines use of the equipment to achieve dept. goals.
- Purchases and maintains spare part inventory to insure minimal downtime due to equipment failure.
- Prepares and is responsible for department budgets including labor, supplies, overhead and capital expenditures.
- Assigns housekeeping tasks so as to maintain production area in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
- Interviews and evaluates prospective maintenance employees. Conducts performance reviews of direct reports and recommends or coaches any development needs.
- Oversees the preparation of shift logs, safety reports, inspection logs, and other reports that are requested.
- Responsible in maintaining all records in the Kronos timekeeping system.
- Insures all training and certifications are up to date for department personnel.
- Recommends and implements cost saving, manufacturing improvements and quality improvement projects.
- Works closely with outside vendors in various areas to support Maintenance initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance supervision in manufacturing environment
- Prefer four-year degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Engineer or related field
- Experience with PLCs, controls, instrumentation, motors, piping and rotating equipment preferred
- Experience in DataStream MP2 Computerized Maintenance Management System preferred
- Some experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with Extrusion equipment and associated equipment desired