Ply Gem industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ply Gem industries
- Job ID
- # Positions
Manages and directs plant activities in accordance with established corporate manufacturing policies and procedures. Maintains an adequate labor force and sets production goals to meet business demands within budgetary guidelines. Maintains plant cost effectiveness by coordination of all production departments toward fulfillment of annual goals and standards. Ensures timely and efficient maintenance of plant and equipment. Oversees and periodically reviews tests and procedures to assure quality/competitive product. Coordinates product flow from production through shipping. Establishes and implements production schedules, parameters, programs, and standard operating procedures and monitors same for compliance and progress. Plans, recommends, establishes, and implements production forecasts/budgets. Provides the necessary leadership to develop and implement, in coordination with corporate oversight, plans to continuously improve plant safety, environmental responsibility, quality, service and cost effectiveness.
- Supervises the manufacture of building products to the desired levels of quality and delivery standards with optimum efficiency.
- Initiates and implements procedures/processes to conserve material and eliminate waste.
- Authorizes recruitment, hiring, assignment and termination of personnel in line with business demands and consistent with Corporate policies and Governmental regulations.
- Maintains positive associate relations through fair and consistent application of Company policies and procedures.
- Evaluates subordinate personnel for management potential and coordinates developmental activities with the Human Resources Department to ensure progression.
- Coordinates production/plant training programs with the designated trainer and/or Human Resources. Identifies and guides production personnel “trainers” to assist in training other associates in the technical aspects of their jobs.
- Ensures that plant facilities and equipment are engineered and maintained to minimize hazards and protect assets from loss, theft or damage through accident prevention, safety education, fire protection and physical security.
- Directs safety programs consistent with safe working conditions, insurance requirements, government regulations, and corporate policy.
- Prepares annual manufacturing/production/distribution forecasts and budgets. Completes and reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of operating metrics. Monitors operating performance, with emphasis on profit and loss position, to facilitate early recognition of trends. Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to corporate accounting.
- Monitors facility and manpower requirements. Plans and establishes utilization targets to realize most efficient use of available manpower and facilities. Monitors and ensures adequate capacity and adjusts to match demand.
- Evaluates methods of processing customer orders into production requirements. Establishes plans for material requirements. Monitors raw, in-process, and finished goods inventories. Reviews all production plans for continuity between demands and goals. Monitors scheduling and shipping to ensure acceptable customer service.
- Ensures that proper inventory management procedures are in place and followed including procedures to maintain proper inventory accuracy.
- Investigates the feasibility of sales initiated special product requests. Formulates and interprets specifications; determines methods, equipment and material requirements; coordinates the preparation of prototypes/samples, tests, etc.
- Assists in the development of new products and processes to ensure consideration of manufacturing economies.
- Coordinates and monitors compliance with customer and company product specifications and standards to ensure the manufacture of quality product. Coordinates the development of internal inspection and testing methods for application in raw, in-process, and finished material quality assurance processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible plant supervisory/management experience; two of which must have been in a relevant industry specific manufacturing environment
Highly developed oral and written communication skills required. Ability to analyze and present clear and concise reports required. Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing systems and techniques. Thorough knowledge of direct manufacturing support functions including materials management, scheduling, account services, shipping, and maintenance. General knowledge of engineering processes, information technologies, and human resource functions to enable accessing these resources as needed to support the manufacturing site. Proficient in Microsoft office software and JDE business software. Working knowledge of all plant equipment and systems. Knowledge of plastics extrusion processes required for extrusion facilities and knowledge of fenestration process is required for Window facilities.
Position requires minimal to moderate travel (approx. 10%-20%).
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred, not required.
Relocation Assistance available.