Ply Gem industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping Supervisor - evening/overnight shift
at Ply Gem industries
- Job ID
- # Positions
Direct and coordinate the activities of Window Division’s outbound warehousing, and loading areas through delivery drivers, fleet dispatcher and shipping support representatives. Work with the Shipping Manager and other supervisors in order to complete shipments and meet company goals.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of fleet services. Responsibility is delegated to further attain goals and objectives in these areas. Ensure products are delivered on time, and correctly, at or greater than targeted goals. Maintain delivery efficiency rates at targeted levels.
- Supervise activities of fleet dispatcher and delivery drivers; interface with shipping office, inside sales, production lines and other departments as necessary in order to ensure delivery trucks are loaded and delivery times are met as well as desired customer service outcomes. Interact directly with customers on a limited basis in order to resolve complaints of handling damage, delivery times and/ or document accuracy..
Participate as an active member of the company’s safety effort. Conduct weekly safety meetings, ensure training of associates, enforce company safety regulations, and work closely with the Safety Specialist to provide ongoing safety improvements. Maintain safety performance levels at or below targeted goals. Safety performance goals include: number of incidents, incident rates, severity rates, and worker’s compensation cost per hour.
Perform various administrative tasks: approve payroll, write performance evaluations, document performance issues, counsel, discipline, and records shift efficiency statistics. Ensure accuracy of department inventories; orders department supplies. Monitor department performance measures and costs. Assist in employee development and training. Track departmental work schedule including attendance, time-sheets, and overtime. Monitor and ensure adequate phone coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Three years progressively responsible experience in a shipping/receiving environment in a manufacturing environment, preferably where the method of shipment uses non-palletized single unit handling.
- Manufacturing Shipping Experience required
- Five years supervisor experience in transportation utilizing private fleet distribution.
- Microsoft office suite. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Resolve operational and manufacturing problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Observe, recognize and resolve associate conflicts quickly and effectively.
- Understand, interpret and explain to associates, products/process related issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with critical deadlines.
- Skill in time management.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Think strategically and balance immediate needs with long-term objectives.
- Deal with difficult people and difficult situations as well as develop rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Maintain confidentiality or privileged and confidential information.
- Ability to lead and direct individuals to accomplish department and company objectives.
- Team build and motivate individuals.
- Skill in oral, written and interpersonal communication.