Post Acute Medical
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Assessment Coordinator - PRN - PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Allen
at Post Acute Medical
- Hidden (65730)
- PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Allen, a Post Acute Medical Hospital
- # of Openings
Patient Assessment Coordinator
PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Allen
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 25 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Patient Assessment Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinates the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved in the Prospective Payment System (PPS) and quality reporting program for Medicare patients.
- oversees all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI, ensures the presence of supporting documentation, and provides staff education to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines.
- Assumes the task of reviewing each IRF-PAI form completely, accurately and timely
- Monitors the accuracy in the scoring of the functional status and reflection of the patient’s care needs and inputs appropriate information for the IRF-PAI into the eRehabData system
- Coordinates the collection of patient information from the patient medical record and completion of assigned sections of the IRF-PAI form
- Sets proscribed IRF-PAI completion dates for the multidisciplinary team
- Develops and interprets policies and procedures and acts as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to Medicare's IRF prospective payment system (FIM scoring, impairment group coding, tiering distribution), coverage and classification criteria, and quality reporting program requirements
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal, Joint Commission and Hospital Compliance Plan
The Patient Assessment Coordinator must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse (RN), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT) or Speech Language Pathology (SLP) program with current state licensure for location of work OR have 3+ years of related experience
- Have current license as a Registered Nurse in state where facility or facilities resides is required; Bachelor’s (BSN) or Masters (MSN) preferred. CRRN is preferred for nursing
- Have a Master’s degree for OT, PT, SLP; Doctorate preferred
- Have current Basic Life Support/CPR card
- Have 3+ years of experience in the care of patients in an acute hospital, rehabilitation or LTACH setting required
- Demonstrate working knowledge of acute rehab criteria, level of care requirements and medical necessity
- Understand Medical terminology, regulations and parameters of third party reimbursements, and coding guidelines
- Have basic computer knowledge including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and data management software required