Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Power Engineers Inc
Power Delivery Ft Worth Small Utility Service Group
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
POWER Engineers is currently seeking a Project Engineer to work in our Fort Worth, Texas office.
- The successful applicant will be challenged with responsibility for successful completion of assigned projects and for maintaining and improving client relationships. The role will lead substation and distribution engineering project work including the following activities:
- Develop project work scope documents, budgets, and proposals
- Complete conceptual design and feasibility studies
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Develop project schedules
- Lead engineering design activities
- Perform substation and distribution design checking
- Support projects during construction
Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Honesty and integrity
- Strong initiative
- Attitude of service toward clients
- Willingness to share successes with the project team
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to communicate professionally with internal team members and clients
- Willingness to travel occasionally to client sites or conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent technical education
- Five (5) + years of experience in substation design
- Registered Professional Engineer; if registration is not in the state of Texas, must be able to obtain same within six months of hire date
- 1-2 years of experience leading substation project design teams
- Experience with preparing project work scope documents and sequence of construction plans for various types of utility projects
- Experience performing substation and distribution design for electric cooperatives
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.