Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Development Manager (Sales Rep)
at PPG Industries
PPG: We protect and beautify the world
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers' biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
With over 900 retail centers in North America, we continue to grow. Currently we are seeking an Account Development Manager (Sales Rep) to join our team. Within our stores channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors, and home owners. Experienced and entry level candidates are welcome to apply! Join a leading team today!
The Account Development Manager (Sales Rep) is responsible for servicing and retaining customer accounts within a specified geographic territory as well as driving new sales through assigned stores. This will enable the ADM to focus on existing business to reduce churn and increase customer loyalty. Additionally, the ADM will be responsible for growing both existing business year-over-year and identifying and developing new accounts within their geographic territory.
Expectations for this role include:
- Through customer service excellence, service existing customer accounts assigned to specified territory
- Maintain regular contact with customers to understand needs and to identify business opportunities
- Ensure follow-up and response to customer needs in a timely manner
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager and in response to customer needs, facilitate product recommendations, application and performance and color
- Develop account planning strategy to cultivate sales of customers with most growth potential
- Utilize SAGE sales tool to manage accounts, maintain call logs and contact info, run reports, etc.
- Partner with Store Managers and other store employees to ensure customers needs are met or exceeded
- Work with the PPG credit department to manage customer debt
- Develop good understanding of customer base and the segments they service
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager, facilitate timely and accurate customer quotations to achieve margin targets in alignment with PPG pricing strategies
- Manage personal expenses to reduce unnecessary expenditures
- 2-4 years of sales or stores operations experience with demonstrated customer service acumen
- A 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
- Previous coatings experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG
- Availability to work and travel within assigned territory 80% of time. Periodic evening hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events.
- Ability to analyze territory performance reports and develop sales territory business plans.
- Ability to calculate discounts and profit associated with selling price; to calculate commissions associated with territory performance; to take measurements and calculate surface area associated with making product volume estimates.
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty Products Company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability, and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world.
PPG Architectural Coatings impressive line-up of residential, commercial, and industrial paint brands offers a wide range of choices to meet everyone's needs – from consumers to interior designers, painting contractors to property managers, and developers to architects.
Join an industry leading company!
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG's affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: