PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Posted Date
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc., one of the nation’s largest wholesale distributors of building supply products, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Accountant in our Irving, Texas corporate office.
This position will primarily be responsible for managing Fixed Asset accounting and other areas as assigned. This position will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions for multiple distribution centers.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine P&L trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current branch financial position as needed.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Monitors physical inventories and verifies compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Amount of travel required: 10%
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and 2-3 years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software
- Order processing systems
- Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- SAP helpful
Certifications & Licenses:
CPA license is helpful, but not required.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.