Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Title:Maintenance Technician
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Under the general direction of the Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for property maintenance operations in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. The individual should possess knowledge and skills in property
maintenance with extensive emphasis on customer service. Individual must be willing and available to respond to emergency calls 24/7.
Company provides vehicle and uniforms upon hire.
Here’s how to do that
- Commit to The Prologis Way – a guide to effective customer service
- General property maintenance of various buildings and coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager
- Perform scheduled property maintenance including (but not limited to) roof, structure, sidewalks, paving, landscaping as indicated in the preventative maintenance schedule Monitor appearance and upkeep of properties on a continual basis. As appropriate, remove litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance and site inspections in various locations / buildings; to include capital repairs
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance operations
- Daily communication and reporting to Property Manager to include unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA). Report safety issues as needed.
- Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools, and equipment. Ensure tools and equipment is in optimum condition
- Attend and complete all required training
- Other duties, as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of three years in a skilled maintenance work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance in more than one of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, landscaping and heating/cooling (HVAC) systems required.
- Knowledge of the current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession. Ability to work outdoors the majority of the day
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis. Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments. Good record keeping for work orders, parts orders, inventory and service/customer follow-up. Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions and work independently
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals and written instructions, blueprints, and technical materials
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate knowledge of PC and mobile applications and ability to navigate fluidly between utilizing laptop, iPad, and iPhone to receive and respond to communications and work orders
- Requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and the ability to travel to multiple properties
- As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call)
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.