Red Oak Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Little Hawks Learning Center
at Red Oak Independent School District
Openings as of 3/22/2019
Little Hawks Learning Center - Childcare
- Little Hawks Learning Center JobID: 1144
- Position Type:
Little Hawks Learning Center - Childcare/Child Caregiver
- Date Posted:
Little Hawks Learning Center
- Closing Date:
Job Title: Child Caregiver Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Director of Child Care Services Pay Grade: CP-1
Dept: Little Hawks Learning Center Revised: 10/2011
The Child Caregiver is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate child care program for the children of Red Oak ISD's employees in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalency
Ability to work well with others including children, parents, and co-workers
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Excellent Customer Service skills
Must meet all Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Staff Guidelines
2-3 years experience in education or childcare.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the program.
2. Serve nutritious snacks and lunches as directed by the Child Care Director and ROISD Food Services
3. Ensure all equipment and activities are safe and appropriate
4. Ensure equipment and facility are clean, well maintained, and present a safe environment at all times
5. Ensure all assigned children are supervised at all times
6. Provide a variety of appropriate experiences and activities for children including songs, games, and story telling
7. Provide and supervise opportunities for sleep and rest time as directed
8. Enhance and support the self esteem of all students in the learning center
9. Establish and maintain an orderly environment through routines and positive guidance
10. Provide a safe, comfortable, and secure environment for children
11. Implement established, positive, and appropriate discipline as required
12. Clearly, positively, and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
13. Keep director informed of any special needs or problems of individual children
14. Report suspected child abuse and neglect to the appropriate administrator and law enforcement agencies according to guidelines in the Texas Family Code
15. Assist in the planning and implementation of activities and assigned curriculum
16. Keep parents informed of on-going program expectations, program activities, and their child's progress
17. Develop and maintain current, accurate, and confidential client files
18. Participate in staff development training, faculty meetings, and special events as required
19. Maintain an accurate knowledge base and comply with federal, state and school district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Child Care Director or Superintendent of Schools.
Customer Care Skills
21. Provide professional communication with students, parents, community members, staff, and other professionals at all times.
22. Use proper phone etiquette at all times, speaking slowly and clearly. Take reliable messages, and route to the appropriate staff.
23. Ensure superior customer care skills are used via eye contact, facial expressions, voice inflections, body language, and an attitude of "going the extra mile" for others.
24. Ensure all requests for information are dealt with in an appropriate timeframe.
25. Create and maintain a welcoming, service-oriented environment toward all internal and external customers.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting. Exposure to smells associated with toileting and children who are ill.