Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
College Intern, Sales
The College Intern, Sales will participate in a training program related to the Company’s function of Sales with an aggressive on-the-job learning curriculum that provides a 360 experience on most sales related job functions within the department.
The RNDC College Internship Program (known as the Internship Program) will provide a unique learning experience and career opportunity for a qualified college student to gain hands-on job experience. This experience is typically a 12 week structured program that compliments the Intern’s formal education in a specific business discipline relevant to the industry. The Intern will participate in a training program related to the Company’s function of Sales with an aggressive on-the-job learning curriculum that provides a 360 experience on most sales related job functions within the department. In addition, the Internship Program will require the Intern to complete an Executive White Paper of the learning experience that identifies one area of business improvement and recommended solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work within various sales departments to gain knowledge, skills, and abilities to understand functions of Sales at RNDC. On-the-job (OJT) training will include sales, sales training, merchandising, operations and administration. Training in each area will require demonstration of knowledge and execution of skills learned.
- Completion of all assigned online training modules and technical training program(s).
- Meet weekly with department Manger or Intern Sponsor to review Internship Program progress and key learnings.
- By week eight, identify one area of opportunity in a business discipline that can be improved through better workflow processes. Develop an Executive White Paper that outlines the issue, the root cause, and possible solutions. Present the White Paper to the Company’s senior leaders, as designated, before the end of the Internship Program
- If applicable, complete the course requirements of the degree program related to the internship.
Support Continuous Improvement: Behaviors which result in the improvement of existing processes leading to greater efficiency. It also includes the implementation of change.
- Solve Problems Through Collaboration: Behaviors which involve using metrics and information, and gathering input, to make decisions. This includes effective judgment and critical thinking.
- Execute Results - Sales: Behaviors which involve accomplishing goals, ensuring accuracy, timely completion of tasks, etc.
- Plan and Prioritize: Behaviors which lead to efficiency in use of own time, and enable flexible response to changes in priorities. This competency includes identification of priorities and actions that have the greatest impact on outcomes and business results.
- Communicate Effectively: Behaviors that involve creating clear and open lines of communication – keeping people informed, being an active and involved listener, and communicating clearly and consistently.
- Demonstrate Professionalism: Behaviors that contribute to creating an environment of respect and professionalism. Demonstrates excellent communication skills; high integrity; personal responsibility and initiative; treats people with respect; encourages diversity; maintains a positive, professional demeanor; and is serious-minded about responsibilities.
- Deliver Customer Satisfaction - Sales: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with external customers (trade/market) and internal RNDC customers that lead to increased customer satisfaction. Includes creating a culture of customer excellence, developing strong working relationships, being proactive and a good business partner.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Actively enrolled in an accredited educational institution completing their junior year of study to receive a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4-year College or university. Course work must include a concentration or major of Business, Business Administration, Business Management, Hotel/Restaurant Management, Marketing or related disciplines. Candidate must have a documented and current GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current state driver's license
- Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License or Permit, as required by the state. This is a non-negotiable job requirement.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Other Requirements: Intern must obtain, at their own expense, housing in the city of the internship program and have the ability to commute to the work site and other nearby locations. Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and lift. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.