Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Communications Specialist
Provides critical support by creating, implementing and utilizing content through effective channels of communication, including RNDC’s intranet as well as other channels, across the organization that support RNDC’s Vision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Create and implement content and resources for RNDC’s intranet site
- Develop original content and post updates on the intranet, as well as other RNDC communication vehicles, to ensure the channels are continuously updated
- Assist with the management of requests from employees for posting content material and story ideas
- Edit and proofread content produced by other employees before posting
- Write copy for, proofread, and support production of: employee publications, collateral, presentations, etc.
- Develop strategic messaging, content, and materials that are aligned with RNDC’s mission, values, and principles
- Work closely with business leaders to ensure consistent messaging companywide
- Support the development and management of corporate standards for internal and external corporate communications
- Preparation and development of press releases and related media material
- Proactively identify opportunities to secure media coverage that support RNDC’s objectives
- Develop and pitch story ideas to media that promote RNDC as an industry leader
- Coordinate semi-annual company-wide Town Hall employee meetings
- Support the development and execution of a social media strategy for RNDC Work on other projects that support RNDC’s business functions, and perform all other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and/or advanced degree preferred; with a concentration in journalism/communications discipline or similar program studies.
- Three to five years of related experience in a corporate or agency environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing, research and proofreading
- Experience fielding and developing copy/content to use in communication channels
- Strong people skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels in the organization
- Experience executing projects such as print or web production
- Working knowledge of professional Social Media applications
- Experience with CMS and graphics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Strong familiarity with CMS software and tools (SharePoint preferred); intranet management experience a plus
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and/or advanced degree preferred; with a concentration in journalism/communications discipline or similar program studies. Three to five years related experience with a strong familiarity in CMS software and tools.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in mathematical or diagram form), and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and as such, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status where otherwise qualified. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.