Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Supplier Business Development
Works in conjunction with suppliers and sales management to enhance the sales performance while maintaining profitability for the company and will facilitate the sales companies with timely documentation and information as it pertains to the mark
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Translate supplier strategic initiatives into locally applicable executions. Own the annual business plan for assigned suppliers. Act as single point of contact for supplier management.
- Responsible for inventory forecasting with a monthly trend analysis with reference to incentives, fiscal goals, and yearly goals.
- Provides daily communication with statewide marketing/purchasing/sales department.
- Inventory Management – provides weekly analysis including communication on velocity to marketing, purchasing and sales.
- Handles transfer requests from other markets and recommends strategy to executive staff on inventory levels.
- Creates and approves local market orders for specific market situation. Works with sales management on new items and communicates SORF’s with market EVP and/or State President.
- Ensures that details, goals, and profitability align with focus of market on incentives before sending for approval.
- Depletion Allowance Recapture – Coordinates and reviews customer credits, reporting and recapturing depletion allowance and reviews discount analysis.
- Manage the localization of national programming . Manages market special pricing with local VP or Directors of Marketing or designated individual by State President and negotiates depletion allowance support with suppliers.
- Makes recommendations on executive programs with statewide marketing.
- Reviews and analyzes brands for opportunities of sales and profits. Creates and maintains marketing calendar for major brands in regards to surveys, pricing, incentives and special market conditions.
- Attends supplier reviews.
- Has a working knowledge of supplier funds and balances.
- Ensure strategic compliance to supplier brand standards
- Increase the quality/quantity of brand building initiatives
- Develop brand solutions tailored to consumer insight by channel
- Provide guidance and direction for the business planning process that reflects brand and customer strategies and supports the delivery of business objectives
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Master’s Degree from a university or equivalent preferred; four to ten years related experience, preferably five years previous management experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.