Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
E- Services Product Manager - Rentokil
- Rentokil NA
- Posting Type
Pest E-Services Product Manager
Purpose of Position
The Pest E-Services Product Manager develops and manages Rentokil North America’s customer extranets and other internet-connected service offerings (our E-Services). The person in this role also develops and manages the development of new related products and product launches; as well as conducts market research; generates product requirements; determines product specifications, works with IT on production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; and manages product life cycles.
This position will initially be responsible for outlining the Pest E-Services product road map for all online/IoT products and services. Key to this position is understanding the customer, the competitive landscape and the market needs, in order to formulate a succinct, actionable and revenue-generating product plan.
Primary or Key Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute on an Pest E-services product road map and plan.
- Develop a clear product launch and commercialization process and methodology to ensure success at all levels; internally and externally.
- Manage all product development and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Create an annual product go-to-market strategy and tactical plan.
- Support the design and execution of sales channel plans and go-to-market actions, including the development of sales enablement tools and methodologies.
- Perform regular SWOT and market analysis.
- Provide field support for customer demonstrations.
- Support and manage all segment related go-to-market activities.
Key functions and outputs
- Specify the research needed to obtain market information ato determine customers' needs.
- Review product specifications and requirements; appraise new product ideas and/or product changes, and recommend the nature and scope of present and future Pest E-Services product lines.
- Compare the company's product to competitors' products and assess market competition.
- Own product marketing communication objectives to direct the efforts of product line communications.
- Be responsible for supporting the delivery of product performance results; revenue, and the number of users.
- Act commercially, with respect to deriving/sharing product market data, interactions with customers (Voice of Customer, Sales calls, etc.) and field salespeople.
- Prepare short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, special reports and analyses, and answer questions and requests to provide information to management.
- Analyze proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; and establish time schedules with IT and product development to bring new products to market.
- Develop time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production to introduce and market new products.
- Use market research data; review production and sales costs; anticipate volume; cost special and customized orders to drive product pricing.
- Attend educational workshops, review professional publications; establish personal networks, and participate in professional societies to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Embody the Rentokil values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Deliver Results
- Ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering improved performance.
- Demonstrate understanding of what high performance looks like in their area of the business.
- Set challenging goals for self and others.
- Seek feedback from others in order to plan performance improvement to achieve goals.
- Appear energized and energizes others by exceeding set goals.
- Develop clear and realistic targets and plans for self and others, to ensure optimum delivery of specific objectives.
- Strives to overcome perceived obstacles.
- Challenges established ways of doing things to achieve goals more effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions.
- Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Use understanding of trends and patterns in business data to develop business plans, actions or processes.
- Research the competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats.
- Use financial and business information to identify key activities that are linked to high performance.
- Review the business processes and activities in order to seek improvement.
- Make tough business decisions in light of customer and commercial requirements.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Display courage.
- Show awareness of both positive and negative impact on others and how this affects outcomes.
- Adapt behavior to positively affect outcomes.
- Express a belief that they and colleagues possess the capability to resolve challenging issues.
- Ask for feedback from others and uses this to plan development.
- Resolute in sticking to decisions that are beneficial to the business, even if they are not popular.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage long term development of others to build capability.
- Provide structure and consistent feedback.
- Provide specific positive and balanced feedback for developmental purposes.
- Give negative feedback in behavioral rather than personal terms.
- Provide suggestions to others on how to tackle areas for development.
- Use the information from the Performance Development Review to identify strengths and areas for development for others.
- Celebrate success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborating with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Involve others.
- Seek input and opinions from others to help make a specific decision.
- Build and maintain positive relationships in the team by valuing others’ contribution and experience.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn from others’ experience and contribution.
- Work in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Take initiative to resolve conflict through listening to all parties.
- Display Leadership
- Ability to inspire others to achieve Rentokil North America’s objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Make the team effective and hold individuals to account.
- Create the environment that enables the team to perform at its best (e.g. engaging others in the vision, providing appropriate structure, getting the right people, keeping up morale).
- Effectively delegates responsibility, providing support as required.
- Demand high levels of performance, quality of service, and holds people to account by ensuring targets are met.
- Recognize as the natural ‘go to’ person.
- Develop relationships across the teams and inspires others to achieve results.
Program of Study
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google Suite and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America.
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
Software marketing and product management experience
Prior supervisory experience
Certifications & Licensures
No licenses/certificates are required for this role.
This is a full-time position. While the Pest E-Services Product Manager will report to an office, occasional travel to North America sites may be required. There may be overnight travel required.
Work Schedule: This job tends to have regular office hours but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive sales deadlines and time frames. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster: