Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology / Diagnostician
at Responsive Ed
This position will be for the Central Texas Area (Waco, Leander, North and South Austin, New Braunfels)
To administer and interpret student educational and psychological examinations, prescribe remedies to behaviors, recommend Individual Evaluation Plan goals and objectives, provide staff and parent consultation, to help with the supervision of behavioral programs.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate and/or
- Licensure from Texas State Board of Psychologists
- Experience in providing psychological services in an educational setting
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of procedures of achievement, assessment, intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functioning for education purposes
- Knowledge of state and federal laws
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive student referrals and review for fidelity
- Select and administer formal and informal evaluations to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and state regulations.
- Write comprehensive reports with parent-friendly language and in-depth recommendations for student success
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to interpret evaluation data.
- Make recommendations for appropriate placement and development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Provide staff development training as requested to assist school personnel in the identification of students with disabilities as well as the understanding of specific disabilities
- Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEP
- Assist in the selection of evaluation materials and equipment
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required. Observe all retention regulations
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the areas of evaluation, placement, and planning for special education services
- Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignment
- Support the organizational needs of the Special Education Department
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Contact Information
Friday, June 21, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)