Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Responsive Ed
Classical Academy academic programs are based on the belief that successful students become successful adults. Our core curriculum is specifically formulated to prepare students to succeed in college. This preparation includes crucial, fundamental, academic courses with a special emphasis on American civics, followed by more advanced courses. Our interest is in educating the whole person, instilling both knowledge and values that will serve both the student and our society in years to come. We wholeheartedly agree with President Theodore Roosevelt’s belief that an intellectual education without the benefit of moral training creates a menace to our society. For this reason, our Classical Academies are committed to providing not only quality education but also training in character growth.
Teaches and facilitates learning for students in a Responsive Education Solutions (ResponsiveEd) school, maintaining academic progress, discipline and records. Works with parents and students to provide and implement individualized education to meet the needs of all students.
Education/Certification, and Experience
- Prefer Highly Qualified (HQ) with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University, not required.
- Another option to achieve HQ status is to have a Graduate degree in a core academic area, but not required.
- Teacher’s Certification recommended but not required.
- Teaching experience in a Public School is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- A passion for children.
- The ability and patience to work interactively with children.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state education laws.
- Computer literate.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to learn and implement teaching curriculum software programs and instruct students on utilization.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of students, parents, administrative staff, and Campus Directors.
- The ability to transition to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Travel as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Instruct and motivate students in all course study.
- Assign lessons and correct homework.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom.
- Maintain a learning center that is conducive to learning, safe, attractive and stimulating.
- Set a good housekeeping example in the learning center and encourages students to follow this example.
- Inspire students with consistency, care, and interest to build students’ self-esteem and promote continued success.
- Praise students, compliment them and encourages them in order to build character.
- Utilize a variety of learning methods to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)