Road & Rail Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Road & Rail Services
- Mesquite, TX, USA
- Full Time
The basic purpose of position: Perform the essential cleaning and inspection functions necessary to prepare railcars for transportation.
Skills, Licenses, Certification, and/or Special Training:
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license if required to operate company equipment;
- Must be able to safely operate vehicles with either a standard and/or automatic transmission if required to operate company equipment;
- Inspect railcars for damage/fatigue
- Inspect and assist in opening and closing railcar doors
- Identify repairs that can be performed by Road & Rail Services
- Determine is lubrication is required for various hinges, doors, and securement devices
- Clean any debris out of railcar
- Operate various types of mechanical equipment.
Work and Environmental Conditions:
- Must be able to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions;
- Ability to frequently climb, using various types of ladders, to heights in excess of 16 feet;
- Ability to constantly use bending, squatting, twisting, and walking motions throughout the entire work shift;
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment;
Conditions of Employment: Employment is conditional, based on a medical examination which includes a drug screen, and an examination to verify candidates can safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Road & Rail Services requires a post-offer motor vehicle reference check, background check, and employment and military (if applicable) verification required.
Company Profile: Established in 1987, Road & Rail Services has grown and diversified to become a leading provider of rail-related services in North America. Our network of skilled associates provides plant and terminal operating expertise as well as field maintenance of rail assets for railroads, rail shippers, and owners of rail related equipment and facilities.