Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Meet with Kitchen Supervisor to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties:
Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
Check production schedule and pars.
Establish priority items for the day.
Inform the Kitchen Supervisor of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
Start prep work and production of items needed for the day.
- Select, clean and prepare meat, seafood and vegetables.
- Prepare and produce Sauté, Grill & Sauce from the menu items for designated F&B outlets.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Inform the Kitchen Supervisor of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Kitchen Supervisor to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Inform Kitchen Supervisor of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the potwash station.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
Rotate all returned product.
Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves.
Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Supervisor before leaving.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Minimum two – three years experience as a Line Cook at a 4 or 5-star hotel or restaurant.