Royal Cup Coffee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations: Warehouse Order Selector
at Royal Cup Coffee
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
Excellent Opportunity for experienced Warehouse Personnel!!!
Royal Cup, Inc. is a large, privately held national importer, roaster and distributor of coffees, teas and related products that has been in business for over 120 years. Royal Cup, Inc. currently provides product and service to businesses and individuals throughout the United States, and we’re growing!
We have an immediate opening for a Warehouse Order Selector. The Warehouse Order Selector reports to the Warehouse Manager(s) and will work a standard schedule of Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime as required due to business needs.
Royal Cup Coffee offers a competitive compensation plan and benefits including 401(k), healthcare, life insurance, vacation and more. A full training program designed to provide maximum success of our employees is offered.
Learn more about Royal Cup, Inc:
The Warehouse Order Selector function is a level 1 Warehouser Position and has the following essential duties and areas of responsibility:
- Pulling / Selecting Sales Orders:
- Obtain the Sales Order print out.
- Operate a powered pallet jack to “shop” the warehouse and select the appropriate items from storage.
- Build well organized, stable custom pallets of product for order fulfillment.
- Maintaining Housekeeping / Sanitation & Safety:
- Maintain to standard, keeping warehouse “tour ready” at all times.
- Maintain operation of any warehouse equipment in compliance with company safety policies.
- Other Duties as Assigned. This may include temporary reassignment to Loading, Unloading, Receiving, Product Rotation, etc.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill(s), and/or abilities (including physical abilities) required to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. GED).
- Warehouse Order Selectors are required to work 40 hours a week which will mean 8 hours or more a day as needed to meet demand. An individual must be able to work within that structure.
- Must maintain quality controls:
- Accurately select cases to achieve a minimum of 99.5% accuracy.
- Select orders at the targeted speed of 160 cases per hour.
- Must have basic reasoning abilities, to include:
- Applying common sense in carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read the Sales Order and plan how it will be pulled so pallets will be stable with no product damage.
- Ability, beyond basic skill performance levels with Reading, Writing, Mathematical & Computer Functions, to include:
- Ability to read, write and interpret basic correspondence, including Sales Order Sheets, machine operating instructions, safety instructions and any training materials (including safety instructions for forklifts and handjacks).
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations: add, subtract and multiply using units of American currency and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment: telephone system, desktop computers, fax and copy machines.
- Basic inputs via keyboard and bar code scans into computer system.
- Basic abilities with Microsoft Office Software, specifically with Word and Excel.
- Prior experience with SAP is highly preferable.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position which are required to successfully perform each essential responsibility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core responsibilities. These physical demands may include, among other functions:
- Ability to stand and walk constantly for approximately 8 or more hours a day. The shift is regularly an 8 hr shift with limited overtime as required by demand.
- Ability to sustain constant hand, finger and elbow movement while performing functions.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms overhead and forward.
- Ability to walk and balance when/if walking on uneven surfaces/spilled product in the warehouse.
- Ability to balance and climb while accessing a rolling staircase or forklift.
- Ability to occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to lift, from floor to waist, up to 52 pounds.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of product, from floor to waist up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull a cart of product of up to 20 pounds of force.
- Must be at least hand jack certified or willing to train and acquire proper certification to prove safe operation. Any forklift certification (Standup, Reach, Sit down) is a plus.
- Ability to work within the work environment characteristics experienced while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Frequently working near production machinery and occasionally near hand jacks or forklifts.
- Frequently working in an environment with variable temperatures.
- Ability to work with and support others in a positive way.
- Strict Adherence to all warehouse processes, operating procedures and rules as well as all company policies.
- Ability to successfully complete the pre-employment process.