Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at rue21, inc.
- Job ID
To manage the day-to-day operations of a rue21 store; reports directly to the District Manager.
- Manage a store team of approximately 10 part-time and full-time store associates
- Drive and maximize store sales to achieve goals, control and minimize shrink expectations, and maintain payroll within budgetary guidance
- Establish, teach, and demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Provide associates the tools necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers
- Execute company directives for product placement, display, and signage, and maintain company standards for cleanliness and organization
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment
- Achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control
- Recruit, train, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met
- Coach, confront, and counsel associates to improve performance
- Participate in the performance counseling of associates, up to termination of associates as required
- Establish associate work schedules
- Provide training and succession planning for the store team
- Demonstrated ability, in a store management capacity, to successfully operate and drive the sales performance of an apparel retail store
- Minimum of 1-2 years store management experience required
- Weekends, holidays and a minimum of 2 nights per week are required on a rotational basis.
- Physical Requirements:
-Stand for up to 8 hours
-Carry up to 40 pounds
-Climb and balance on ladders
-Bend at the waist
-Lift up to 40 pounds
-Kneel and squat on the ground
-Reach above the shoulder frequently
Business Acumen: demonstrates financial and operational understanding of organizational strategies and applies knowledge to business situations
Communication: effectively conveys information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through written and verbal communication
Customer Focus: demonstrates a customer-driven approach that focuses on anticipating, understanding, and servicing customer needs in order to facilitate a relationship with the brand
Leadership: demonstrates the ability to empower, coach, and influence others to achieve a common goal or motivate people to change a behavior
Planning and Organizing: effectively creates plan and executes the processes required to achieve the desired outcome in a timely and efficient manner
Talent Assessment & Development: demonstrates the ability to manage employee development in a manner that is deliberate and strategic in order to move employees through the organization